The Operations Representative (Ops Rep) works closely with all internal end-user groups to build and maintain a culture of continuous improvement while also ensuring operational compliance and proficiency. The Operations Representative prioritizes and drives performance improvements ultimately delivering operational excellence to customers by challenging the status quo, coaching, and embedding a mindset of continuous improvement to achieve performance excellence. An Operations Representative ensures work instructions, job-specific training, and technical workflows are well-maintained. They work closely with the operational engineering teams to ensure workflows and processes are accurately captured and current. They attend mission sustainment meetings to address operational incidents and link internal end users to their appropriate engineering support staff. The Operations Representative is fluent in the user interfaces required of their end-user bases and ensures related defects are being addressed. They are also the point of contact for sustaining engineering problems in the weeks immediately following major deploys and asset launches.
Processes, drives and implements lean tools in process improvement to maximize productivity in support of DigitalGlobe’s strategy and improvement in KPIs.
- Assist in identifying and supporting opportunities of process improvement through efficiency projects to: ensure mission workflows, reduce risk, enhance accuracy, increase profitability and growth and minimize operational waste.
- Conduct comprehensive needs assessments and identify learning opportunities to address performance gaps that meet business objectives and develop the metrics to measure effectiveness.
- Perform best practices in change management and create operational processes for new and existing programs.
- Perform best practices in ISO to ensure compliance in documentation and process standards.
- Ensure compliance with company policies, standards, and processes to maintain consistency and quality with project delivery.
Attend sustainment meetings to ensure any engineering incidents involving technical personnel or process are addressed through end-user management and process improvement.
DigitalGlobe and Radiant solutions offer a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401(K) plan with competitive compny match; paid holidays and paid time off.
- Performs the evaluation of current state, and implements best in class lean processes to improve overall productivity.
- Calculates operational cost savings due to improved efficiency.
- Report individual project status for team metrics.
- Facilitate maintenance of work instructions and job-specific training for each end user base.
- Work with stakeholders to facilitate system transitions, ISO compliance, and end-user representation and advocacy.
- Provide demonstrations of new technical capabilities by learning the functionality of new systems and user interfaces, and relating these functionalities to end users.
- Work directly with technical subject matter experts to capture subject knowledge to enhance information access.
- Coordinate with the Operations Architect and Operations Coordinator to ensure internal end users are adequately staffed, trained, and prepared to support new initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in space operations process improvement.
- 5+ years of experience in process improvement.
- Must be a US citizen and hold the ability to obtain a Department of Defense (DoD) Security Clearance.
- Strong working knowledge of process improvement, operations training, including curriculum development and presentation.
- Basic understanding of protocols and system engineering.
- Basic understanding of user interface design and user experience.
- Basic understanding of complex control software and associated systems.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic understanding of UNIX/Linux operating system.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize projects, appropriately manage expectations, and communicate complex issues in an easy to understand format.
- Self-motivated analytical skills for gathering and organizing information, identifying a solution, and executing the solution with no oversight.
- Must possess strong analytical skills, flexibility, and be able to work in a team environment.
- Ability to analyze and edit technical documentation.