Operations Improvement Project Manager - Ends at Ball Aerospace
Ball Corporation manufactures aluminum packaging for beverage, personal care and household products, and provides aerospace and other technologies for commercial and government customers. We have been in business for over 140 years and is leading the charge in creating solutions that keep our planet healthy. Ball Corp has been nationally recognized as a leading company in the creation of sustainable products (Fast Company World Changing Ideas award) as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity (Forbes Magazine.) Join our team of over 18,000 people worldwide in our quest to make the world a cleaner and healthier place. BE BIGGER THAN YOURSELF. BE UNSTOPPABLE. BE AN INSPIRATION. JOIN US IN MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE.
Primary Purpose of the Position:
Lead and manage strategic, complex, and cross-functional operations' improvement projects, that will deliver significant added value to Ball North and Central America. Facilitate and counsel BPNCA Functions for End Operational and Engineering projects, plant/customer projects and initiatives as directed.
Essential Responsible Areas:
- Ability to lead multiple strategic and operational projects from inception and analysis to implementation.
- With BPNCA end team, identify, clarify, and resolve barriers to achieving operational excellence in BPNCA End Operations.
- Lead multiple strategic and operational improvement projects from identification, inception, and analysis to implementation and sustainable execution (in areas such as cost, maintenance and best practice strategy, Lean methodology implementation, supply chain, etc.).
- Sets and continually manages project expectations with team members and other stakeholders; coaches, mentors, motivates, and supervises project team members and contractors.
- Gathers, analyzes, and presents information from the customer, manufacturing, quality, and all other appropriate business areas.
- Drive successful development of and execution on End Operations Strategic Pillars of People, Operational Excellence, Customer Care, Lean, Cost, and Sustainability.
- Deliver on the organization’s priorities, working closely with leadership in defining, scoping, launching, and implementing new initiatives. Collaborate with decision makers and stakeholders to minimize risk.
- Facilitates and makes complex decisions and recommendations under limited direction and uses a high degree of initiative and independent judgment.
- Build, develop, and grow business relationships vital to the success of the end manufacturing team.
- Keep leadership informed by effectively and clearly communicating project effort, progress, achievements, problems and failures on a timely basis.
Position Requirement & Competencies:
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college
- Bachelor’s Degree: Engineering, Business, Supply Chain education or work-related experience
- Job related experience - 6 Years minimum
- Manufacturing Project Management Experience
- Lean Manufacturing Experience (Preferred)
- Excellent verbal, written, organizational and communication skills
- Ability to facilitate and influence at all levels of the organization
- Strong financial and analytical skills
Demonstrate Ball Leadership Behaviors:
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness: Uses a combination of feedback and self-reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses
- Instils Trust: Gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity
- Interpersonal Intelligence: Relates openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people
- Demonstrated Results: Consistently achieves results even under tough circumstances
Compensation & Benefits:
- Hiring Salary Range: $98,500- $150,500 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans