Onboarding Team Lead at SumUp
Onboarding Team Lead
At SumUp, we are driven to empower small businesses across the globe by de-hassling their lives and helping them succeed. Our vision as a global FinTech company is to build the first-ever global card acceptance brand. We are well on our way as small businesses in over 31 countries around the world rely on SumUp to get paid. To help us get there, we are putting together an awesome team that is committed to one another and to our merchants. You could be our missing link! Help us bring card acceptance to everyone!
Your impact at SumUp
Joining our US team will be exciting for you, if you enjoy helping our merchants focus on what they do best. The role of an Onboarding Team Lead is to build the US onboarding team to facilitate the verification process for our clients- small to medium businesses in the US. At the same time, the Onboarding team ensures that SumUp is following the highest compliance standards and is compliant with all applicable AML regulations. We are building the future of the payment world, are you interested to be part of it?
Your role and responsibilities
- You will work closely with the Operations and Risk and Anti-Fraud team to lay the foundation and further build a localized Onboarding team in Boulder, Colorado
- You will manage the onboarding team and localize onboarding processes to fit the US Know Your Customer and Know Your Business requirements
- You will perform validation of business existence through verification public records, online sources and document verification
- You will protect our merchant base by conducting individual searches to identify theft and other related threats
- You will assure compliance with our internal guidelines and procedures.
- You are comfortable working on your own and as part of a team
Why you will love this job?
- You’re curious, patient and persistent to solve issues
- You love to empower small merchants by offering them a frictionless onboarding experience
- You’re organized and keep a cool head even in stressful situations
- You’re comfortable conducting research, using verification tools and reviewing onboarding documentation
- You are able to multitask and prioritize responsibilities
Does it describe you?
- 2+ years of work experience in an equivalent role
- Knowledge of Know Your Customer (KYC) and Know Your Business (KYB) requirements
- Previous people management experience is a strong plus
- Previous work experience in the financial services industry is a strong plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Why work for SumUp?
- Be part of a welcoming community of more than 1,600 people from over 52 nationalities. We get together regularly for brunches, cocktail nights, and office parties
- Prime office location on Pearl Street (Downtown Boulder)
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance
- FSA & 401K Retirement Plans
- Immediate PTO available upon hire
- Startup environment and small, cross-functional teams
We're looking forward to meeting our next teammate! You can also choose whether to include a CV, your LinkedIn profile, a link to your github, tech blog, or portfolio – whatever you think will give us your complete picture.
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at SumUp, we believe that diverse perspectives foster innovation, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by Company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.