Onboarding Specialist (Temporary)
Primarily responsible for the successful onboarding of our restaurant partners the OBS will configure our Guest Center, Connect and other applications for restaurant use, customize the software for each restaurant using a consultative approach, and deliver training to key staff. You will be responsible for the end-to-end implementation of the onboarding process. You will lead the restaurant from initial sale through configuration to initial training and go-live. All of this will be done remotely using various tools and procedures designed to guide the restaurant through the process. The OBS is part of a global team charged with setting each restaurant up for success with OpenTable. They will be measured on the speed, volume and quality of each implementation based on a set of goals and benchmarked against others in the team.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Proactively contact our restaurants and guide them through the onboarding process
- Work with our restaurant partners to configure the OpenTable system to their needs
- Use phone and online tools to train key restaurant staff with an emphasis on specific ways the restaurant can use OpenTable to optimize their operations
- Provide administrative and coordinator functions related to Global On-Boarding program including scheduling training activities, content collection, and software implementations
- Work with restaurant staff and potential 3rd parties to deploy the OpenTable RestRef widget
- Work with internal stakeholders to help develop and refine the On-Boarding program
- Effectively manage a queue of restaurants to reduce time-to-onboarding
- Communicate status of tasks and the backlog to peers and a broader community
Experience and skills desired:
- 1+ years experience, preferably in a support, implementation or hospitality role.
- Experience training non-technical customers on the use of software
- Understanding of restaurant operations a must with direct restaurant experience highly desirable
- Excellent communication, listening, influencing and training skills
- Ability to make smart decisions based on key facts in potentially ambiguous situations
- Demonstrated ability to drive projects through to completion
- Self-motivated to get things done with minimal supervision
- Good phone and tele-presence required for effective training and implementation
- College degree preferred
- Excellent organization, documentation and time management skills
- Bilingual: Spanish/English a plus
About the team
OpenTable's global Sales and Restaurant Relations teams are dedicated to improving restaurants' revenue potential by utilizing best in brand front-of-house management and online reservation technology. We are committed to helping our customers get the most out of our products, and we're looking for strategic-minded, willing to take action, and results-minded customer advocates to join us. You will work with a team of smart, passionate, and enthusiastic individuals who are intent on ensuring our restaurant customers' success and our dining customers' enjoyment.
This is a temporary, non-exempt position. It is based in Denver.
OpenTable is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.
If you're passionate about joining the OpenTable team and believe this is the role for you, please apply via our website at www.OpenTable.com/careers.
As an employee of OpenTable, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including momondo, Cheapflights, Swoodoo, checkfelix and Mundi. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each other's strengths and insights. Together, we're able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.