Mission Assurance Manager II - Tactical Solutions Mission Area Lead (MAL)
Clearance Requirement: A current, active Secret security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Security and Mission Assurance Strategic Support Unit provides discriminating support to the business to ensure success. We focus on threat identification, risk assessment, and mitigation while improving the efficiency of the business through effective governance and analysis of process, data and overall business knowledge.
Mission Assurance Manager II – Tactical Solutions Mission Area Lead (MAL)
Establish, execute and disseminate Mission Assurance (MA) requirements and expertise across Ball Aerospace’s Tactical Solutions (TS) Strategic Business Unit that applies radio-frequency (RF) and electro-optical (EO) technologies to the nation’s defense needs in C4ISR, precision strike, air dominance, and electronic warfare. Establish MA requirements appropriate for tactical hardware/software solutions for government and prime contractor customers within the defense community, inclusive of multi-function apertures, phased antenna arrays, RF systems for space applications, and EO and infrared imaging and tracking systems.
What You’ll Do:
- Prime responsibility is to derive and implement Mission Assurance requirements on assigned proposals and programs using standard processes and Mission Assurance functional disciplines. This may be inclusive of requirements in the engineering disciplines of reliability, availability, maintainability, component engineering, quality assurance, software assurance, system safety, information assurance, cybersecurity, supply chain risk management, and logistics support.
- Support project decisions regarding Mission Assurance from project initiation through final delivery.
- Support Proposal/Program Managers by identifying, executing, and/or delegating proposal work to Mission Assurance functional disciplines as appropriate, and working with management to coordinate Mission Assurance resources for awarded programs.
- Must be capable of planning for and establishing derived requirements with or without customer specifications for successful Mission Assurance efforts and tasks on assigned proposals and programs containing radio-frequency, electronic, electrical, optical, software, and/or mechanical components and subsystems.
- Provide effective Mission Assurance discipline oversight and direction. Takes an adaptive approach to execution necessitated by the different stages of product development.
- Develop and/or peer review cost estimates for new business proposals.
- Plan for tasks from program schedule and request Mission Assurance staff as required to support program schedules. Efforts may involve scheduling, budgeting, and milestone monitoring as well as reviewing technical reports to assure technical and contractual compliance.
- Formally present information and communicate effectively with Mission Area Directors, Sector Leads, Program Management, other program team leads, and customers.
- Responsible for supporting the planning, development, and delivery of all Mission Assurance-related CDRLs or SDRLs per the SOW and contract on assigned programs.
- Excellent task management skills and ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment. Develop and maintain metrics to measure levels of task activity progress and product quality.
- Foster trusted advisor relationships with Mission Area Directors, Sector Leads, Program Management, other program team leads, and on-site customers, as required. Thrive in collaborative, cross-functional teams with ability to fluently converse about each other’s domain of expertise.
- Provide leadership for Process Failure Modes and Effects Analyses and Failure Review Board activities.
- Active participation in design, production/test readiness, and other reviews and audits with the ability to make risk-informed decisions for Mission and Quality Assurance.
- Support identifying, evaluating, and reporting all risks to the mission (current and residual), including those that result from failures and deviations, to the prescribed risk threshold.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in related field plus 10 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Degree in Engineering preferred.
- US DoD Secret security clearance required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong written, communication, oral presentations skills, and ability to lead group discussions.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $132,500 - $183,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.