Mission Assurance Manager II - Assurance Portfolio Manager (APM), Civil Space at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Security and Mission Assurance Strategic Support Unit provides discriminating support to the business to ensure success. We focus on threat identification, risk assessment, and mitigation while improving the efficiency of the business through effective governance and analysis of process, data and overall business knowledge.
Mission Assurance Manager II – Assurance Portfolio Manager (APM), Civil Space
Establish, execute and disseminate Mission Assurance (MA) requirements and expertise across Ball Aerospace’s Civil Space (CS) Strategic Business Unit that enable our customers such as NASA centers, NOAA, etc. to better understand our planet and universe by working as a mission partner to deliver science at any scale.
What You’ll Do:
- Prime responsibility is to manage the full lifecycle of MA within one or more Civil Space MA mission areas, not limited to: Flagship, Operational, Science, Experimental, and Research.
- Work collaboratively with the Civil Space Business Assurance Manager to contribute to the strategic vision and implement related improvements that enable executing smarter.
- Provide effective oversight of program Mission Assurance Managers and/or MA disciplines. Takes an adaptive approach to execution necessitated by the different stages of product development.
- Ensure Mission Assurance requirements are addressed in assigned proposals and programs using standard processes and Mission Assurance functional disciplines. This may be inclusive of requirements in the engineering disciplines of reliability, electronic parts, radiation effects, materials and processes, contamination, quality assurance, software assurance, and system safety.
- Support project decisions regarding Mission Assurance from project initiation through final delivery.
- Support Proposal/Program Managers by identifying, executing, and/or delegating proposal work to Mission Assurance functional disciplines as appropriate, and working with management to coordinate Mission Assurance resources for awarded programs.
- Plan for and establish derived requirements with or without customer specifications for successful Mission Assurance efforts and tasks on assigned proposals and programs.
- Develop and/or peer review cost estimates for new business proposals.
- Plan for tasks from program schedule and request Mission Assurance staff as required to support program schedules. Efforts may involve scheduling, budgeting, and milestone monitoring as well as reviewing technical reports to assure technical and contractual compliance.
- Formally present information and communicate effectively with SBU Mission Area Leads, Directors, Capture and Program Management, other program team leads, and customers.
- Responsible for supporting the planning, development, and delivery of all Mission Assurance-related contract and/or supplier deliverables per the SOW and contract on assigned programs.
- Execute excellent task management skills and ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment. Develop and maintain metrics to measure levels of task activity progress and product quality.
- Foster trusted advisor relationships with SBU Mission Area Leads, Directors, Capture and Program Management, other program team leads, and on-site customers, as required. Thrive in collaborative, cross-functional teams with ability to fluently converse about each other’s domain of expertise.
- Actively participate in life-cycle gated milestones, SSU and SBU reviews, and customer meetings.
- Support identifying, evaluating, and reporting all risks to the mission (current and residual), including those that result from failures and deviations, to the prescribed risk threshold.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA degree or higher in a related technical field is required plus 10 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, strong written, communication, oral presentations skills, and ability to lead group discussions.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $132,500 - $183,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP MAY BE REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.