Migration Technical Consultant for FIS Asset Finance at FIS
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Science
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
The role of Technical Consultant with FIS Asset Finance will be part of an exciting new team being established outside of the core development center in Christchurch, New Zealand. The role will encompass the normal responsibilities related to a highly qualified software engineer with the added benefit of working very closely with the client, development and consulting teams to deliver focused developments to meet the organizations specific needs. The role will be part of a global team delivering these custom development and customer technical support to all sites globally.
The role of Technical Consultant will be part of the Ambit Asset Finance (AAF) Delivery Services Team in NORAM. The role will encompass the normal responsibilities related to a highly qualified data analysts/technical solution consultant with experience working very closely with the client, development, and consulting teams to deliver focused solutions to meet the organizations specific needs. The role will be part of a NORAM Delivery team.
The Technical Consultant will:
- Ability to create complex SQL statements and stored procedures
- Business/Data analyst skills and experience on migrating data from legacy systems
- Ability to communicate to client financial resources for analysis of data
- Problem solving skills, financial analysis skills
- Detailed oriented, methodical on procedures
- Utilized business logic rules and plugins for Ambit Asset Finance validations
- Develop data migration processes and scripts for client
- Ability to understand and communication data models
- Develop, modify, and optimise SQL or Crystal reports for client requirements
- Provide overview of the system architecture
- Conform to development processes, work instructions and standards.
- Remain up to date with new technologies and practices relevant to data migration
- Identify gaps to determine impact and approach for data migration
- Skilled in Excel and all Office365 products
- Time-management and self-starter
- Overseeing and providing recommendations for data take-on, conversion and reconciliation
- Training client technical staff on data migration tools and support clients with use of those tools
- Liaison with development team that may include specification, fact finding or answering of specific questions in order to satisfy market or client requirements
- Professional communication skills with all levels of the organisation
- Expert Significant experience with relational databases Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle.
- Relevant technical experience (5 years +) in software deployment, date and systems analysis, design, and architecture.
- Experience in Asset Finance or financial software applications
- Competence in all of the following areas: SSIS &SSRS, Crystal/Business Objects (BI) Reports, and XML.
- A high degree of numeracy and a capacity for complex concepts.
- The role will eventually (Post Covid Restrictions) include necessity to travel to client sites when required (potentially 75%+) within North America and occasional work outside of business hours and holidays.
Nice to have:
- Working knowledge of .NET framework 4.6.2, KnockoutJS, TypeScript, Microsoft unity framework
- Experience in web/windows-based application using Asp.Net MVC 5, Razor, C#, jQuery, Team City, Kendo controls
- Object Orientated development and technologies related to the Microsoft development environments.
- Relevant business experience in a financial software organization with successful implementation/integration of a product for the different clients
- Interact with different teams located in different geographical areas.
- Client onsite visit, client trainings, end to end implementation of project, requirement gathering of a product
- Ability to assess client needs and develop solution to satisfy the business objectives and client’s needs
- Integration between Ambit Asset Finance and third-party software
- The role will require a professional level of interaction with client staff and with staff from different parts of the FIS organization on a global level, so you will need to have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Able to communicate technical concepts concisely and effectively.
- English speaking essential, other languages (Spanish) an advantage.
- Independent worker who is capable of operating with little supervision and who can use initiative in a constructive and positive way
- Must be able work under pressure to deliver resolution on priority issues and make the required judgement calls and communicate these outcomes.
- The autonomy attached to this role requires an individual with initiative, curiosity, and the ability to think through a problem to deliver a solution
- Commercial focus regarding our needs and client needs
- Ability to delivery to deadlines, work collaboratively on a team to achieve success
- Someone who rolls up their sleeves and gets the job done rather than mere oversight.
- Team spirit - work with other consultants, developers and designers in a supportive way
- High energy level and positive attitude
- Outcome focused
- Adaptable and versatile
Preferred Knowledge and Experience:
- Must have Relevant business experience in a financial software organization
- Direct competitor knowledge or experience such as IDS, CHP, etc. implementing the respective solutions is essential
- Ability to assess client needs and develop code to satisfy the business objectives and client’s needs
What we offer you
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities – FIS is your final career step!
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.