Manager, Strategy and Project Management at DISH (Greater Denver Area, CO)
Role based onsite office in Littleton, CO. Relocation assistance offered!
DISH Wireless is ready to challenge the status quo and reimagine connectivity. We'll use cutting-edge resources, dynamic partnerships with industry-leading vendors and new ways of thinking to design, develop and deliver products that tackle the emerging trends shaping the market.
Together, we'll build intuitive and impactful product experiences across the customer journey. As part of our new retail wireless department, we'll partner with product managers and engineers to solve customer problems in an agile environment. The product teams are key enablers of our success, immersing themselves in every aspect of the product development lifecycle - from strategy ideation to launch execution and everything in between.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Business Intelligence & Programs team is a shared services team that works with executive leaders from across the Retail Wireless Product team and the broader DISH Wireless team. Leveraging deep problem-solving skills, the team delivers insights and helps leaders make critical strategic and operational decisions. This position will serve as the leader for quality and process improvement initiatives within the Retail Wireless Product team. A successful Program Manager leads programs across multiple work streams, performs analyses, and works with senior decision makers to improve current processes.
- Accountable for and advises others in creation of project communications.
- Ability to summarize and communicate appropriately depending upon the audience.
- Directs others in the facilitation of team and project meetings.
- Understands data/information to identify potential risks across a broad number of individual projects and programs and establishes communications and mitigations to address them.
- Communicates risks in clear business as well as technical terms and provides clear messaging and solution options at a senior leadership and executive level in both planned and ad hoc scenarios.
- Identifies and listens to key partners to understands what is significant in the business and ensures that their interests are protected as well as the overall program objective throughout project planning and execution.
- Creates and assists others in crafting a project timeline through defining needed activities, sequencing, resourcing, estimation of durations and resources and negotiates schedule with the team to find creative ways to meet it.
- Uses and helps others demonstrate the schedule as a communication and management tool to ensure the project stays on schedule, making needed adjustments to address project exceptions and incorporating ways to make delivery more efficient.
- Incorporates strategic factors into Program/Project Scope and recommendations.
- Influences ideation and design thinking and leads the factors that create changes and increase scope.
- Leads cross-functional or multi-team efforts in defining budget requirements for a project or program, providing thought leadership into initial financial estimates for the business case.
- Drives the process to procure funding at a project or program level.
Employment Branding Team Review:
- Sets stakeholder and project team expectations and ensures that the deliverables align to business needs
- Maintains accountability for the quality of the documentation and deliverables
- Establishes Go/No-Go decision points and quality control points with the collaborators to ensure project deliverables meet expectations.
- Communicates any gaps in design and sets realistic expectations on deliverables.
Skills, Experience and Requirements
A Successful Program Manager will have:
- Masters/advanced degree: business administration or quantitative field (e.g., economics, statistics, and operations research).
- Bachelor's degree: business, economics, statistics, or other quantitative fields (e.g., engineering, math, physical sciences) or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years: management consulting or corporate strategy
- Effective project management skills and ability to influence senior management.
- Comfortable presenting findings and recommendations to senior management.
- Ability to lead and influence others within a matrix organization.
- Lead strategic projects while managing risk and resource requirements.
- Explains difficult or sensitive information in an easy-to-understand manner; works to build consensus.
- Excellent interpersonal/communication and presentation skills.
- Problem solving: "consulting-style" problem solving that can break complex ambiguous problems into pieces using a hypothesis-driven approach; structuring multiple work streams and identify interdependencies.
- Solid technical aptitude and innovative problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated experience systematic disciplined and data-driven approach that identifies the root causes of issues.
- Proficient with MS Office applications.
Compensation: $87,500.00/Year - $125,000.00/Year
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website .
Candidates need to successfully complete a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.