Manager, Project Office
This position provides oversight and leadership to the Agile program and project intake process that is critical to achieving department financial and customer satisfaction metrics. This position also provides analytics and insights that promote overall accountability for delivering implementation projects on time and generating a reduction in overall cycle time year over year. Reports to the Director, Project Delivery.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
· Responsible for execution of key technical programs as designated and assigned by Director, Project Delivery.
· Responsible for leading a team of key project managers, technical staff and coordinators as necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of work intake and Agile execution. Must be able to lead staff to effectively plan incoming work and effectively manage the capacity of delivery against demand with the goal of achieving defined revenue targets.
· Responsible for executing and managing the intake process for new Statements of Work, maintenance activities, non billable work and go to market activities. Forecasts and reports on the capacity of the organization relative to each of these categories of work.
· Responsible for achieving key metrics regarding velocity achieved through the agile team(s), achieving revenue targets, and hitting or exceeding Service Level Agreements in place with other business units.
· Responsible facilitating the contracting process around contract labor and the provision of oversight of those contracts.
· Communicates to delivery teams and stakeholders the status, issues, and risks of projects with a constructive and solution-oriented approach.
· Collaborates across the business to understand implementation delivery priorities specific to the business area and makes recommendations to functional managers to anticipate the demand.
· Participates in business process improvement activities to develop hands-on knowledge of the challenges faced by the business.
· Optimizes processes to minimize cycle times and maximize resource utilization and drives automation, especially of program and project reporting.
· Performs periodic reviews of processes and adjusts as required in support of continuous improvement.
· B.S. degree; or a combination of education and related experience.
· 10+ years working with technical programs and projects
· 5+ years of prior management experience
· Advanced degree in Project Management or PMP certification or Scrum Certification
· Demonstrated experience with leading complex, cross-functional projects
· Ability to lead and execute with limited or no direction, in alignment with established objectives and KPI’s
· Experience with portfolio management
· Ability to assess risks, dependencies, and execute mitigation strategies
· Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
· Excellent mentoring and team-based skills
· Strong analytical skills
· Skilled in leading meetings, setting agendas, driving decisions, and negotiating
· Knowledge of the Agile/Scrum culture preferred
· Experience in the deployment and use of project management collaboration tools preferred
GHX provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. GHX complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
GHX expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of GHX’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.