Manager, Project Engineering at Ball Aerospace
Do you want to work for a world-leading manufacturer who strives to build a better future through sustainability and innovation? Are you looking for a new challenge in a stable, fast-growing sector?
Join us, and build your career by helping us build the future.
We are a global leader in sustainable products with more than 21,000 team members worldwide. From infinitely recyclable aluminum cans, cups, and aerosol bottles, to aerospace solutions that enable our customers to have a deeper understanding of our planet and the universe. We produce all these incredible things with one unique purpose: crafting a better community, a better society, a better world.
Moreover, each of us has a deep commitment to diversity and inclusion which is the foundation of our culture of belonging. And everyone at Ball is an everyday champion, making a difference by doing what we love.
We lead with our heads and our hearts and combine innovative thinking with a spirit of resiliency that keeps us moving forward in a relentless pursuit of new ways to make life, and the world, better. Whether we’re developing packaging that’s infinitely recyclable or aerospace innovations. Because what we create may change, but what we will always make is a difference.
Primary Purpose of Position:
Provides project management services for expense and capital projects as directed.
- Ensures all personnel involved in a project, to include but limited to project team, plant personnel and contractors are aware of and adhere to all safety rules and regulations.
- Directs activities involved with the planning and implementation of assigned projects of all types.
- Coordinates feasibility and pre-AFE planning studies. Gathers, analyzes, brings together, and presents information from the customer, manufacturing, engineering, and all other appropriate business areas.
- Writes AFE’s with detailed work scopes, accurate cost estimates, and clear, thorough communication of the project goals and justification.
- Manages projects to minimize the cost required to achieve approved project objectives, effectively using Ball’s project accounting systems. Keeps the project cost control updated by continuous reforecasting.
- Establishes and monitors project schedules; makes use of the critical path approach to scheduling; revises project schedules as required to maintain project goals, develop responsibility plans and startup production plans.
- Keeps management informed of project status, including progress, problems, cost, and schedule through regularly published project status reports.
- Effectively builds and leads all disciplines of project teams, incorporating engineering, customer, and other department’s personnel.
- Establishes engineering documentation, change order and work order controls to ensure project design and construction is in accordance with appropriate standards and meets the approved requirements for the project.
- Extensive and innovative use of the computer for project planning, scheduling, accounting, communications, etc.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college level education or work-related experience
- Job related experience for 4 years minimum
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; leads group discussions; excellent presentation skills.
- 60% travel
Demonstrated Ball Leadership Skills:
- Inspirational Role Model–Understands themselves and seeks opportunities to learn. Shows composure, responding consistently, openly, and courageously in all situations.
- Authentic Leadership–Demonstrates humility in the way they lead others. Takes a stand for what is right and admits their mistakes.
- Leadership Presence–Inspires trust in the broader organization. Acts on a sense of what the organization most needs to elevate its impact and move forward through complexity.
- Relationship Builder–Listens and empathizes, engages a wide range of people. Embraces peoples’ differences and helps every individual feel special and valued.
- People Grower–Encourages leadership in others and takes risks to help others grow. Champions collaboration across the organization.
- Culture Champion–Consciously evolves the culture to help secure the future of the business. Recognizes where behaviors need to change and how to change them.
- Results Oriented–A desire to make things happen, sets stretch goals, and motivates others to achieve them. Always looking to create a better result for customers.
- Future Catalyst–Communicates a vision of the future that compels others and helps them see around corners. Embraces change, takes risks, and seeks diverse perspectives.
- Breakthrough Strategist–Sees connections others don’t see. Translates this new insight into break-through strategies that open up new directions. Enrolls others in the new.
Compensation & Benefits
- Hiring Salary Range: $98,500 - $150,500 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans