Some roles may be remote (as stated in the Job Title). Remote roles can sit in any of the following 26 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
Guild is hiring ITPM Manager! This leader will set a positive tone for the team, be a champion for the project management team, design project standards and templates for improvement across the organization, and partner with key stakeholders to assist with cross-functional projects that drive the business forward.In this position you will:
- Form relationships with executive leaders to prioritize project pipelines by defining project requirements and success criteria, articulating landmarks, determining intersections and dependencies, and implementing project management standard methodologies.
- Build a standard set of tools and models for the ITPM team so stakeholders know what to expect consistently each time they engage with a PM. Build processes that are easily adopted and do not inhibit progress.
- Prioritize and streamline communications through project status reports/dashboards and project steering committees.
- Keep projects on track, organized, and focused on project deliverables and timelines.
- Highlight and convey risks and downstream impacts.
- Be responsible for one Project Manager, at this time, conduct capacity planning for PMs, and make recommendations for future positions on the ITPM team.
- Define and lead high stakes, high risk, and high impact projects. The ITPM Manager will lead the team by example and should plan to spend 50% of their time managing projects.
- Explain the ‘why’ of decisions and help the team navigate change.
- Give ongoing feedback and cultivate feedback loops.
- IT-specific project, program, and/or portfolio management experience in a fast-paced, high growth environment.
- Previous people management experience.
- Experiences with all phases of the project management lifecycle and the ability to remain agile, adapt quickly, and communicate risks/issues.
- Demonstrated knowledge of PMI’s project management methodology.
- Outstanding presentation skills in addition to the ability to communicate to all levels of the organization in a collaborative, consultative manner.
- Ability to lead projects in a matrix management environment where goals, budgets, priorities and internal/external resources need to be aligned with a variety of teams, projects, and pivotal initiatives.
- Ability to adjust your approach to best support the business and project team. Each team and each project will be unique.
- Willingness to dig into unfamiliar subject matter and become an expert.
- Desire to learn new technology, handle integrations with existing tech, and provide recommendations for ground breaking PM solutions.
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $120,000-138,750 as well as company stock options.
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation - and with a valuation of $3.8 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild's investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. We currently offer the following benefits:
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- 3 weeks of vacation in the first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth
Guild requires COVID-19 vaccines for all employees and guests attending Guild events or entering Guild offices. We will be using both Clear’s Digital Vaccine Card and state-sponsored vaccine passports to verify proof of vaccine. Accommodations or exceptions can be requested for medical or religious reasons.