Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, and dedicated Internet access. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
The Implementation Manager will be responsible for overseeing the implementation of Dark Fiber services including (but not limited to) Metro Dark Fiber, Long Haul Dark Fiber, ILA Colocation, Cross Connections, and Private Waves Networks. Candidate will be responsible for working with the regional fiber teams to develop best practice processes & standards for DF implementation. They will also be tasked with identifying and driving implementation of system changes/requirements needed in support of project deployments.
- Project management for Dark Fiber projects
- Master Plan the overall project. Identify project components, teams involved and inter-relationships between work functions.
- Planning & coordination of team resources (SDC, OSP PM/CM, Fiber Engineer, customer PM/CM, etc.) to setup and manage overall project schedule
- Development and Implementation of best practice processes & standards for deployment projects
- Provide roll-up forecast for revenue forecasting (salesforce) and customer communications
- Track contract compliance for each of the projects
- Apply customer priorities, room ready dates and other customer input to project schedules
- Analysis of project schedule updates - variance analysis, identification of upside & downside risks, identification of processes in need of correction.
- Critical path identification and key issue resolution. Anticipation, mitigation and escalation of project issues as required
- Ability to create status reports for upward executive management
- Strong Microsoft Excel software skills and data management
- Business oversight of Start Early process - including milestone management, key decision making and resolution of issues
- Network design oversight and define network build into addressable/prioritized pieces.
- Oversight of the MMHH process. Ensure proper documentation is in place, change is being managed and process is under governance.
- Host weekly/daily project calls
- Weekly project status report to project team and functional mgmt.
- 5+ years of project management and/or outside plant construction in Telecom required
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Engineering or related field preferred with a PMP Certification a plus
- Outstanding communication skills, written and verbal, as well as, strong interpersonal skills as they will be required to interface with peers, executives, customers and vendors
Base salary range: $68,696-$74,856
Full-time Zayo employees are also eligible for discretionary quarterly short-term and long-term incentive cash bonuses which are based on the performance of the Company, an employee’s business segment, and the individual employee
Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
Fitness membership discounts
Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave