Management Consultant at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Travel Percentage :
15 - 25%
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team:
Our FIS Community Core Consulting team works with clients on their Core software investment. We work with financial institutions of various sizes across the country from retail teams to C-Level. Our team of experienced consultants work to find innovative solutions to solve business challenges.
What you will be doing:
As a Community Core Consultant, you will bring your HORIZON Lending knowledge to the role. You should be able to articulate HORIZON Core effectively to our core clients, including Classic and XE, and recommend HORIZON lending best practices. No two days are ever the same, so you should be willing to multitask efficiently.
- Maintains current knowledge of industry issues and opportunities as well as best practices for specific areas of expertise. Leverages industry knowledge, technology, process, and organizational design expertise and financial services best practices to deliver results for clients with the goal of improving profitability.
- Delivers outstanding quality work, leading to client references and case studies.
- Sells value of offerings and identifies areas of opportunity for FIS services in client institutions.
- Provides sales support, identifies and qualifies opportunities and defines and presents solutions.
- Evaluates situations, identifies challenges and opportunities for improvement and creates practical solutions.
- Builds and maintains credibility with clients and peers as domain expert for specific areas of expertise.
- Works effectively in a team environment.
- Defines and conducts research and analysis to identify industry trends and strategies.
- Must be willing to travel up to 25% of the time, as needed.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
What you bring:
The ideal candidate brings HORIZON knowledge into Community Core Consulting.
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to build relationships with clients and peers
- Broad knowledge of financial institution operations and risk management.
- Listening skills and ability to ensure open and candid communication.
- Ability to work well under pressure and time constraints.
- Dependable and Adaptable in an ever changing business environment.
- Minimum of 5 Years HORIZON experience.
Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Good understanding of industry, associated business challenges and opportunities for particular area of expertise
• Excellent communication skills, including both verbal and written
• Demonstrated research, writing and analytical skills
• Good problem solving skills
• Must be able to work under pressure
FIS JOB LEVEL DESCRIPTION
Developing professional role. Considered knowledgeable for area of responsibility, works independently or as part of a team of consultants through client engagements. Works effectively with non-executive representatives from client organizations. Typically requires four to eight years of experience in financial services or financial services consulting.
What we offer you:
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A competitive salary and benefits, including private medical cover, dental cover, and travel insurance
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
- Varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.