Managed Services Consultant at IHS Markit Digital
The Implementation Consultant role is part of a global team based in Dallas, New York, London and Manchester. They will work with clients globally on implementation activities generally in an offsite capacity, however, at times team members are required to travel to client sites to assist with onsite implementation activities. You will be trained on the Markit EDM application, and in the informational needs of modern financial institutions. In the role, you will be monitoring feeds and processes, performing change management, and EDM software configuration. Required is intermediate knowledge of SQL, and knowledge of cloud infrastructure is a plus.You will be building, evolving, and operating the infrastructure automation platform used to power our Cloud Services. You will ensure that our production environment is operating and performing optimized and efficiently; and that software is released and deployed in an efficient and streamlined manner, from development all the way to production. This is a hands-on operational role with a balanced amount of development and managed services support.The role is dynamic and provides a fantastic opportunity to build a solid career solving the data management issues of global top tier financial institution.
- Documenting functional and requirement specifications to define detail input and output file content, systems functions, system controls and performance criteria.
- Help establish cost and time estimates for implementation.
- Configuring Markit EDM application to meet the client specifications.
- Testing the project deliverables ensuring they are in line with documented requirements.
- Interacting with clients and colleagues to ensure accurate and timely information flows.
- Making recommendations for implementation of new systems and technologies where appropriate.
- Providing consultancy to clients for business improvements. Investigates and documents existing
- procedures. Discusses proposed solutions for complex systems with customer.
- Mentoring and coaching of less experienced analysts and consultants.
- Contributing to Implementation ‘Best Practice’ guidelines.
- Participate in the set up and management of client’s hosted EDM environment.
- Has detailed working knowledge of how Markit EDM products are supporting each client’s business.
- Support, monitor and troubleshoot the client’s environment
- Investigates and documents existing procedures and make recommendations for improvements. Discusses proposed solutions for complex systems with customer.
- Work as part of an implementation team on-boarding new clients.
- Analyses and reviews new system functions and use of information in developing general specifications.
- Define systems functions, system controls and performance criteria and measurements.
- Provides suggestions on operational issues.
- Support Development, test and production infrastructures.
- Together with Project Manager establishes cost and time estimates for implementation.
- Interacts with clients and keeps appropriate management abreast of project issues.
- 2+ years’ experience with Microsoft SQL query writing queries including complex JOINS and views. Understanding Microsoft SQL application functionality at a business functional level.
- 2+ years’ experience working with relational databases and their architecture. Including reading/writing data to tables.
- 2-3 years’ experience around client account management and with effective and clear vocal communication
- Exposure to Jira ticketing system is preferred, but not required
- Exposure to Markit EDM is highly preferred, but not required. However, it will be the primary application used daily and training is fast paced along with on the job learning. It is required that the candidate be able to time manage self-learning, actively execute their daily duties, and this requires an individual that can multitask very effectively.
- Exposure or a Certified AWS Solution Associate or Architect is highly preferred, but is not required. Having an understanding at a Introductory level of AWS is necessary.
- 3 + years working with Microsoft Windows Server and exposure to troubleshooting windows related configurations, understand different machine specs, and an understanding computer architecture. IT experience is preferred, but not required.
- 2 + years’ exposure within general financial, asset management, market trading, loan market and energy industry data desired.
- 1+ experience using Microsoft Excel for typical business functionalities.
- Exposure to financial data vendors such as Bloomberg, Moodys, S&P, Charles River, PAM, State Street, Pricing data etc