Learning Strategist - Project Manager I at FIS (Greater Denver Area, CO)
We are FIS. Our technology powers the world's economy and our teams bring innovation to life. We champion diversity to deliver the best products and solutions for our colleagues, clients and communities. If you're ready to start learning, growing and making an impact with a career in fintech, we'd like to know: Are you FIS?
About the role:
FIS is looking for a Learning Strategist Project Manager I to join ourLearning Solutionsteam.This Learning Strategist Project Manager is responsible for managing the learning solutions portion of new bank conversion projects, and typically involves extensive interactions with cross-functional teams of various functional areas of the business. These Project Managers are focused on creating in-depth training plans across FIS products.
About the team:
The Learning Solutions team is an energetic, client focused team of professionals whose goal is to provide a world class learning experience to engage, empower and inspire our audience to succeed in their roles.
What you will be doing:
- Planning and coordinating all aspects of the learning process during new bank conversion projects from initiation through delivery.
- Managing project initiation activities including identifying contractual obligations, client or business needs and goals, existing situation and necessary contacts.
- Ensure requirements for internal projects align to operational standards. Developing alternate requirements or document exceptions as appropriate.
- Developing, defines and executes training plans, scope, activities, schedules, budgets and deliverables.
- Identifying necessary resources for training projects, defines and assigns major project roles.
- Coordinating activities and tasks among project team members, other internal departments and client or vendor/subcontractor organizations as needed to meet project goals and ensure project completion is on schedule, within budget constraints, and of the appropriate quality standards for the project scope.
- Managing project risks, issues/problems and activity progress to ensure project goals as they refer to training, e.g., deadlines, scope and quality are achieved.
- Assists with problem resolution or risk mitigation as needed.
- May manage the integration of ancillary products, tasks, and track and review vendor/subcontractor deliverables, if appropriate for the training project.
- Serve as a learning liaison between internal organizations as well as in client and vendor/subcontractor organizations to ensure all project targets and requirements are met.
- Conducting learning project closure activities to formalize and communicate the project acceptance, handover documentation and ongoing activities to accountable teams and complete a post-implementation review to identify areas of improvement.
- Identifying training project management coordination gaps or areas for improvement and recommends and implements solutions.
What you will bring:
- Up to 2 years of work experience managing projects in financial services or a related industry or related subject matter, e.g., finance/accounting, marking, sales, business planning, business operations is required.
- Knowledge of the industry learning project management strategies and best practices
- Knowledge of standards relevant to the financial services industry, e.g., ISO, Six Sigma
- Demonstrated skill in managing training project budgets, plans and timelines
- Skill in the use of negotiation learning techniques to reach agreement when there are widely differing viewpoints
- Excellent analysis, problem-solving, team, conflict management and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong ability to interact effectively with executive level clients
Added bonus the Ideal Candidate will have:
- Learning Solutions experience is a plus.
- Specific knowledge of FIS products, especially HORIZON XE and Learning Solutions, and detailed knowledge of FIS systems and products trained as well as FIS procedures is preferred.
- Knowledge of financial services/banking industry strongly preferred.
- Project Management experience is highly desired.
- Preferred location of Orlando, Florida, but can be 100% Virtual (Remote).
- An affinity for teamwork and relationship building
- Creative thinker excited to grow our learning solutions offerings
- Works under general supervision with latitude for independent judgment.
- Is looking to join our team and build a long-term career with FIS
What we offer you:
A career at FIS is more than just a job. It's the opportunity to shape the future of fintech. At FIS, we offer you:
- Competitive salary and attractive benefits including private medical cover, dental cover, and travel insurance
- High exposure to senior stakeholders from across the Merchant organization
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging issues in financial services & technology
All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 on or before December 31, 2021. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.