Freshworks provides innovative customer engagement software for businesses of all sizes, making it easy for teams to acquire, close, and keep their customers for life. Freshworks Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) products provide a 360-degree view of the customer, are ready to go, easy to use, and offer quick return on investment. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA Freshworks 3,000+ team members work in offices throughout the world. Freshworks has global offices in India, Singapore, Australia, UK, Netherlands, France and Germany. The company counts over 220,000 businesses in its customer-for-life community around the world including Honda, Bridgestone, Hugo Boss, University of Pennsylvania, Toshiba, Sling TV, Sotheby’s and Cisco.
As a Lead Onboarding Specialist you will be responsible for onboarding and supporting new customers. The primary objective of this role is to work closely with Engagement Managers and configure the Freshworks suite of products based on the customers requirements while also training them on the product. You will also work closely with our Sales and Pre Sales teams, where you will use your product expertise and strong communication skills to wow our customers.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Be prime contact for customers during project implementations and display a high sense of urgency and ownership during customer interactions.
- Extremely strong in relationship building/management with clients as well as internal stakeholders (Sales, Pre-sales, Customer Success, Product, Engineering, Marketplace and Support).
- Be responsible for all aspects of project management and coordination, right from kick-off to Go-Live, including scoping and change request management.
- Work closely with project sponsors and stakeholders (internal & external) in defining project goals, requirements, project planning, tracking and delivering the project(s) in a timely manner/agreed time frames.
- Conduct pre-kick-off meetings with sales/pre-sales and kick-off meetings with customers, to establish and communicate project plans, milestones, goals, and associated processes and hence set the right expectations with customers .
- Lead the development and implementation of a coordinated set of plans and programs for all phases to meet the goals and priorities of the projects.
- Participate in establishing practices, templates (Statement Of Work (SoW), Project plans, trackers), policies, tools and partnerships to expand and mature these capabilities for the organization
- Ensure the prime objective of “delivering moments of wow to our customers” is always met.
- Define resources requirements, organize project teams, and ensure projects are staffed with adequate and appropriate resources. EM may need to work with shared resources based overseas but working in ANZ time zone.
- Establish and manage communication, escalation and risk management plans.
- Coordinate and manage site visits, if needed. There may be 10% travel required.
- Monitor and track project progress and work efforts on a daily basis, and report project status to senior management and other stakeholders. This role includes working on multiple projects at a time so experience of using Agile and waterfall methodologies is preferred.
- Coordinate with customer and internal teams to develop work/change SOW when needed due to changes in scope, schedules, and dependencies.
- Communicate clearly with management, customers, sales, and developers to ensure business requirements are translated accurately for implementation.
- Recommend product enhancements and new product opportunities to the Product Management team. Should also check with the product team as per the timelines committed by them.
- Work closely with pre-sales/sales and implementation services to help estimate customer engagements and keep them updated on latest changes in process.
- Work with SI partners for custom app/integration work for customer engagements.
- Work closely with Customer Success Manager (CSM) to ensure proper handover after Go-Live is done.
- Take on other assigned responsibilities as required.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science/IT preferred
- Minimum 10+ yrs total experience of managing IT projects related to SAAS products, CRM Implementation
- 6+ years of IT project management experience, planning, tracking and managing projects that successfully met timelines preferably using Agile methodologies
- Formal project management training and/or certification (PMP/PRINCE2 Certification is a strong plus)
- Should be ITIL V3/V4 Certified
- Proficient in software projects/products implementation
- Experience in using project management and presentation tools like smartsheets etc.
- Experience in writing business requirements and functional specification documents
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational, presentation, and coordination skills
- Experience in creating flow charts, swim lane diagrams etc.
- Ability to prioritize, work creatively, and perform tasks in solving problems in time-critical situations
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
Freshworks provides innovative customer engagement software for businesses of all sizes, making it easy for teams to acquire, close, and keep their customers for life. Freshworks’ Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) provides customer experience and service management solutions that are ready to go, easy to use, and offer quick return on investment. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, Freshworks counts 3000+ team members, 40,000+ customers, and has raised $327 million in capital from brand investors including Accel, CapitalG, and Sequoia Capital with a recent valuation of more than $3.5 billion.
Freshworks has received numerous accolades for its growth and innovation including ranking #16 in the prestigious Forbes’ Cloud 100 list, the Economic Times Startup of the Year, and listings on Gartner Magic Quadrants for CRM Customer Engagement, CRM Lead Management, Sales Force Automation & IT Service Management. Freshworks was ranked as a top 25 company to work for during the COVID-19 pandemic by Battery Ventures/Glassdoor.
Freshworks’ suite of products transform the way world class organizations collaborate with customers and co-workers, includes Freshdesk (Omni-channel customer support), Freshservice (IT Service Desk), Freshsales (Intuitive fully-integrated CRM), Freshmarketer (Marketing Automation Suite), Freshteam (HR Management System for growing teams), Freshchat (Modern messaging software) and Freshcaller (Cloud PBX system).
Freshworks is committed to diversity and inclusion. We celebrate and respect each other's differences. We recognize that our collective uniqueness is integral to the success of our products, our culture and our organization.
More information is available at www.freshworks.com.