IT Project Manager at KG Lewis
About KG Lewis
KG Lewis is built on 18 successful years of helping businesses of all kinds navigate change, challenge, and transformation. Our consultants are pros in agile project delivery, program offices, post-M&A integration, and a wide range of technology disciplines. When our customers can’t afford to fail, we’re at our best.
Cultural impact. Business impact. Career impact. What unites our diverse team of professionals is a passion for constant learning, solving problems, transforming businesses, and making the world a better place inside and outside the office. If this sounds like you, let’s talk!
KG Lewis offers a great benefits package as well as a culture that supports continuous learning and career development. We offer all of our employees access to industry-leading training platforms and technology-focused research tools to help them personally and professionally in their careers.
Colorado Springs, CO
Agile Project Manager
KG Lewis is seeking an experienced Project Manager who will be responsible for managing the full lifecycle of Information Technology projects, programs, or products including initiation, planning, leading, organizing, and motivating project teams. May serve as product owner and/or scrum master when needed and act as the primary interface to the project sponsor and/or project steering committee.
- Manages multiple small to large-scale projects at one time, ensuring successful and consistent delivery of business value, scope, budget, and schedule for each project.
- Facilitates and/or participates in key Agile rituals including sprint planning, daily scrum meetings, sprint reviews, and sprint retrospectives across Scrum teams.
- Assists and/or facilitates in building the product backlog and product roadmap for business and product owners; conducts product refinement meetings as needed.
- Utilizes Agile performance metrics including burn-down charts to drive accountability and continuous improvement.
- Assists in training team members and other employees on Agile and Design Thinking concepts.
- Analyzes current Agile processes, prioritizes areas of improvement, and works with leadership to implement improvements.
- Appropriately blends Agile and Waterfall methodologies to tailor a project into a hybrid model as needed.
- Assists leadership with developing statements of work and necessary documents for request for proposal (RFP) procurement processes. Defines clear deliverables necessary to meet project objectives.
- Assists in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work, leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work.
- Estimates resource requirements for all work packages and project deliverables.
- Monitors project progress continuously and conducts project monitoring meetings.
- Identifies and monitors project risks and implements risk management plans in accordance with department standards.
- Prepares and delivers professional stakeholder communications and implements stakeholder management plans.
- Implements project quality plans and ensures project quality standards are being met. Reviews deliverables and approves project deliverables.
- Assists leadership with developing project budgets and managing project cost tracking.
- Prepares and executes change management / organizational transition management plans to include building customer roadmaps, journeys, training, governance, and strong end-user communications.
- Consistently and professionally communicates project progress, status, and risks to stakeholders, peers, supervisors, and the IT senior management team.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Project Management, Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field required.
- Minimum 8+ years of experience managing complex, high risk, multidisciplinary Agile, Waterfall, and/or hybrid projects of similar scope in a large enterprise scale environment.
- Must have strong organizational skills and possess a high attention to detail.
- Ability to successfully interact and sustain a working relationship with stakeholders, sponsors, and technical team members.
- Ability to manage project stakeholders with respect, tact, and diplomacy.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level. Ability to write and produce clear and concise written reports with attention to grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Experience with Microsoft Office software, including Office365.
- Must maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- An equivalent combination of related education and experience may be substituted for the education and experience requirements above.
- Must pass conditional post offer background investigation, motor vehicle record check, and drug screen.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Colorado Driver's License.
- Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Management Professional (PMP) certification and/or PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) preferred.
- Scrum Master preferred.
KG Lewis is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, disability or any other status protected by state or local law. It is KG Lewis’s intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
We are unable to provide visa sponsorship for non-U.S. citizens.