Ball Corporation manufactures aluminum packaging for beverage, personal care and household products, and provides aerospace and other technologies for commercial and government customers. We have been in business for over 140 years and is leading the charge in creating solutions that keep our planet healthy. Ball Corp has been nationally recognized as a leading company in the creation of sustainable products (Fast Company World Changing Ideas award) as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity (Forbes Magazine.) Join our team of over 18,000 people worldwide in our quest to make the world a cleaner and healthier place. BE BIGGER THAN YOURSELF. BE UNSTOPPABLE. BE AN INSPIRATION. JOIN US IN MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE.
Primary Purpose of Position:
The IT Project Manager will be dedicated to the Commercial, Sustainability and Digital Business organizations. Manages small-to-medium scale projects using standard project management methodology and processes. Manages project teams, creates project objectives and plans to deliver quality solutions on time and in budget. Manages the tactical aspects of small to medium size engagements and mitigates any risk. This includes reviewing and managing high-level deliverables within and across business units, performing project reviews and ensuring project management best practices take place for all engagements. Works closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective business solutions for Ball Corporation.
- Understands the business context of the project and uses knowledge to make appropriate decisions on project approach, issue and risk management, and dependency and constraint management.
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of personnel within the escalation process and the specific responsibilities of the PM in facilitating that process
- Create project plans based on business case, timelines, dependencies, financial factors and resources and ensure on-time, on budget, on scope execution
- Provide project oversight and quality reviews, coordination of deliverable sign-off, and project reporting
- Understand delivery methods (e.g. waterfall, agile) and can to select, modify/align that method with the needs of the project
- Ability to communicate across business and IT stakeholders, especially when changes to project need to be communicated
- Formulate and manage the process for prioritizing and sequencing project activities to support successful execution while managing project risks, dependencies, and constraints
- Partners with Service Delivery to appropriate resource projects, and is responsible for ensuring all applicable processes are followed.
- Manage the project change process and determine the impact of project changes on the business case, and re-forecast value creation
- Provide oversight of supplier PMs responsible for program/project management and delivery
- For smaller projects, support the documentation of business requirements and communicate them effectively to IT and business stakeholders
- Job related experience for 5+ year(s) minimum in software delivery required
- 3+ years direct work experience in a scrum master capacity, including all aspects of project development and execution
- Ability to effectively manage project teams indirectly in a highly matrixed environment
- Experience with waterfall and agile methodologies
- Project Management Certifications are highly desirable (PMP, CSM, Lean Six Sigma etc…)
- Advanced proficiency in project management tools (e.g., Microsoft Project, Jira)
- Customer- and relationship-focused, process-driven, metric-focused, results-oriented, organized, self-directed
- Experienced in managing project scopes, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders with budget and risks
- Experience with metrics-driven management of small to medium scale projects efforts
- Experience with generating business cases/ROI; must have experience performing technology selection and vendor management
- Proven project planning and management experience
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $97,500 - $132,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, as well as internal and external equity.
- This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- For Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions, Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, click here for more information.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans