ISP Project Manager at Zayo (Greater Boulder Area, CO)
Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, and dedicated Internet access. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
A successful ISP Project Manager will be responsible for overall project management of ISP projects, with emphasis on:
- Tracking and reporting progress on multiple orders (50+) at a time.
- Communicating with ISP engineer and internal/external customers.
- Ownership of ISP capital subprojects, purchase requests, and expense builders to include: creation, tracking approvals, and ensuring they are managed through the lifecycle of the project.
- Identification and resolution of issues ensuring on time delivery of assigned projects and within budget.
An effective ISP PM will work closely with their ISP engineer and other teams within the ISP organization to track/report real-time updates, as well as having a close knowledge of assigned projects. In addition, the role will require expertise in defining, measuring, and reporting on key ISP project performance metrics with focus on improving visibility into on time delivery performance.
Ability to understand ISP project dependencies and make decisions based on project management rules is essential. Position requires strong communication skills, ISP technical aptitude, strong organizational skills, and attention to detail. Personal communication skills are critical, as this role demands constant interaction with the ISP engineer, internal/external customers, and internal support teams.
- Overall Project Management
- Review incoming order requests for completeness and accuracy.
- Identify project components, teams involved, and inter-relationships between work functions and ensure engagement.
- Apply internal/external customer priorities to the project.
- Critical Path identification and key issue resolution.
- Anticipation, mitigation and escalation of project issues as required.
- Documentation Delivery
- Ensure an appropriate scope of work or close out package is built and reviewed prior to delivery to internal/external customers.
- Ensure ISP Facility Information pages are updated with site specific information.
- Ensure delivery of all documentation contractually required from contractors.
- Receipt and processing of quotes from material vendors and installation contractors.
- Delivery and receipt of signed/countersigned contracts with 3rd party data centers.
- Project Budget
- Create and manage financial instruments (CSPs, PR, and EBs).
- Pro-actively manage budget variances.
- Manage budget overruns.
- Notify management of potential overruns.
- Provide analysis of cost overruns.
- Working with real estate team to properly implement and manage expense builders.
- Host, support, and attend status calls with internal/external customers to notify of progress & issues.
- Have weekly calls with internal team.
- Weekly status of project progress on orders
- Daily calls if required to manage critical path items that could severely jeopardize delivery timeline.
- Communicating with Zayo Field Ops and contractors to drive site survey and installation completions.
- Define, measure and report on key business performance metrics, and determine data clean-up efforts and/or process enhancements necessary to improve the quality and accuracy of these metrics.
- Project management of various high-priority initiatives with the common objective of improving financial performance and operational efficiency. Project scopes will vary considerably, but may include data cleanup efforts, process/system enhancements, product training, and improvement of hand-off among internal stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Must be conversant/have working knowledge of space, power, and fiber capacity builds.
- Must have 5 years familiarity with all types of inside plant construction and experience managing large capital projects.
- Must be able to manage multiple aggressive project schedules and responses.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, and AutoCAD Viewers software.
- Must be able to understand and read construction documents.
- Familiar with all facets of ISP management including quoting, installation, and delivery.
- Business minded and able to maintain a commercial focus.
- The employee will be required to meet with internal/external customers and internal support teams to review project scope and to ensure positive communication is maintained.
- Base salary range: $84,995-$92,295
Benefits, Rewards & Wellness
Annual Incentive Plan (AIP) - Full-time Zayo employees are also eligible for discretionary AIP which is based on the performance of the Company, an employee’s business segment, and the individual employee
Sales Incentive Plan - Full-time Zayo sales employees are also eligible for discretionary incentive cash compensation through our Sales Incentive Plan
Excellent Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
Retirement 401(k) Savings Plan
Fitness membership discounts
Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Please note, in accordance with Zayo's commitment to providing and maintaining a workplace free of recognized hazards, all U.S. and Canadian employees and any employee, vendor, customer, or visitor who enters a Zayo office or facility in the U.S. and Canada must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of such vaccination. If you are hired by Zayo, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination or have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated.