Integration Architect for FIS Modern Banking Platform at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Science
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the Team:
FIS' Modern Banking Platform Introduces scalability that flexes As You Grow! Empowering The Financial World with Technology That Moves Clients' Business Forward.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
· Provide enterprise solution definition, integration consulting and project leadership services to FIS clients and project teams.
· Define and maintain an integration architecture that offers flexible and robust solutions meeting complex client systems integration requirements.
· Collaborate with the customer to define and implement SOA strategies and governance.
· Support new business development activities as required.
· Provide the point of ultimate responsibility for the technical integration solution, focusing on enterprise reference architectures and patterns. This includes:
o Interface identification, requirements, design and implementation
o Discovery and documentation of enterprise solution non-functional requirements
o Identification and management of integration tasks and activities
o Technology assessments and problem resolution
· Designs architectural components of the integration environment; designs, develops and evaluates Xpress Services, options and prototypes. If required, performs coding activities (e.g., using Java, JEE, XML, etc.).
· As required, serve as sub-plan owner for specific integration project areas.
· Provide technical feedback and recommendations to the core product teams.
· Participate in team reviews of design artifacts and code, make changes as required, and recommend alternative solutions where appropriate.
· Ability to travel up to 50%
· Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in a related discipline; Master's degree preferred
· At least 10 years advanced hands-on experience with JEE development.
· Strong understanding of Service Oriented Architectures and knowledge of SOA design patterns.
· Delivering at least two SOA Enterprise-level Projects including at least one involving legacy systems.
· Experience with API Gateways
· Experience with commercial ESB's (Mule, TIBCO, etc.)
· Experience describing system designs using UML.
· Clear understanding of Web services approach including Web service protocols such as SOAP and REST.
· Strong background in systems architecture and relevant technologies, including middleware technologies, and JEE.
· Strong Object-Oriented skills using open architecture standards as well as best practices, design principles, and techniques with regards to: UML, WSDL, JDBC, SQL, XML/XSL, SOAP.
· Working knowledge of major RDMS technologies such as Oracle, MSSQL or DB2
· Infrastructure architecture experience a plus
· At least 5 years in technology management and technology consulting
· Experience with FIS integration technologies like Xpress (or industry equivalent) is a plus
· Working knowledge of FIS products and services is a plus
· Working knowledge of banking technology, in at least one banking discipline
· Comfortable interacting with executive level clients
· Track record in understanding and focusing on the clients’ needs and goals, establishing credibility and building relationships with clients
· Ability to lead, direct and manage under pressure
· Solid decision-making, negotiation and problem-solving skills
· Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
o Ability to convey complex technical ideas in simple terms
o Ability to author high-quality client-facing written artifacts
o Ability to conduct technical and business presentations for a wide variety of audiences
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships across multiple organizations and with multiple stakeholders
- Experience within FIS Modern Banking Platform is essential
- Demonstrated experience in meeting complex client systems integration requirements
- Capability to design, develop and evaluate Xpress Services, options and prototypes
- Experience with API Gateways
Clear understanding of Web services approach including Web service protocols such as SOAP and REST.
What we offer you
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities – FIS is your final career step!
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.