Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Commerce/Business
Travel Percentage :
15 - 25%
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
FIS empowers small to large retirement plan providers around the globe with a comprehensive, integrated suite of retirement solutions. Our industry-leading offering includes an extensive selection of technology and services. From record keeping technology and plan administration and compliance solutions, to financial wellness that supports all aspects of retirement services business and positions our clients for future growth. We are looking for a talented resource, who is comfortable working multiple appropriately prioritized issues and/or projects at a time. One who desires to be a part of this global dynamic retirement technology team where they will grow personally, technically and professionally.
What you will be doing
As the Implementation Conversion Director you will be developing, leading and managing all activities related to the successful conversion of FIS products ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Works with other members of Implementations/Conversions management team to establish division business strategies that align with corporate goals and objectives; effectively communicates strategies translating them into actionable items.
- Demonstrates leadership by establishing and articulating a clear vision of success and how goals and objectives will be achieved.
- Performs resource planning and allocation; supports direct reports in meeting conversion timelines and requirements.
- Manages a staff of multi-functional and technical professionals:
- Performance management: establishes clear performance goals that align with team, division, and corporate goals; communicates strengths/development needs; mentors and coaches team members; provides challenging assignments and opportunities for development; recognizes, rewards, and communicates individual accomplishments and contributions.
- Staffing: approves hiring recommendations; holds direct reports accountable for staff continuity; maintains varying and complimentary levels of skills, knowledge, and abilities across multiple teams.
- Employee relations: fosters and promotes cooperation and information sharing among team members; proactively addresses performance issues through appropriate Human Resources tools.
- Uses knowledge of FIS’s conversion management principles and methodologies to identify, develop, and implement new processes, improve existing processes, and/or eliminate ineffective processes; holds teams accountable for compliance.
- Uses financial and qualitative information and tools to effectively establish and manage budget and revenue goals.
- Understands technical and functional concepts of FIS products including the interrelationships between products and technologies that support products.
- Interacts directly with clients at a senior/executive management level, managing problem escalation and providing sales support.
- Remains abreast of industry trends and technology standards.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, management information systems or computer science or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- Requires at least 10 or more years of experience in a leadership role.
- Requires strong management skills
- Requires strong organizational, team building, coaching and mentoring skills
- Requires general business skills, industry knowledge, financial management and planning skills, long-term vision and executive presence
- Ability to identify, address and resolve employee related issues
- Strong analytical, statistical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to utilize judgment in decision making process and decisions related to job tasks
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent skills in communicating ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise and professional manner including presentations
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management in an organized, professional manner
Skill in productivity, planning and workload management
Ability to design, document and implement process improvements
- Strategic planning, organizational and time management skills including strong people management and project management experience involving the ability to manage multiple projects of various size, scope, and complexity simultaneously.
- Exceptional interpersonal, collaboration and relationship building skills including the ability to build and maintain meaningful, trusting and strategic internal/external client relationships across the organization.
- Demonstrate prior success with recommending and implementing process improvements and best practices to senior leadership.
- Strong research, decision making and problem resolution skills including root cause analysis and resolving the most complex issues.
- Excellent verbal, written and technical communication skills including tailoring messages strategically to technical and non-technical client, staff, management, leadership, and executive audiences.
What we offer you
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.