Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
High School Diploma
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the role
- Examines data files, processes, forms, reports and operational needs of customers and completes data mapping and transaction workflow documents as the basis of the conversion to FIS system.
- Validates the accuracy of all data and transactions.
- Determines customer specific processing parameters and completes FIS system set up for client use. Trains clients on the use of FIS systems and provides support during conversion.
What you will be doing
- Technical skills: experience utilizing SQL queering within database
- Develops understanding of and defines client products and services through information gathering sessions to determine how FIS systems must be established to meet client needs.
- Completes product workflow documents summarizing all processing requirements and determines key challenges in converting customer to FIS systems.
- Through data analysis, product mapping and interviews, gathers forms and data files from customer and assesses requirements for software utilization and discusses any software customization requirements with programming team.
- Creates data maps and transaction workflow documents showing exactly how every field of information will be converted. The data mapping forms the technical specification for the conversion and, in some cases, may generate code. Shares data maps with programmers, clients, and others as appropriate to ensure successful conversion. Refines mapping through iterative validation.
- As part of the conversion process, tests customized software against customer specific needs, shares with customer reports and application specific data that reflects how conversion data will be processed. Reviews conversion results (reports, balancing, data load, software changes) with client to refine and confirm requirements. Obtains formal customer acceptance of results.
- Examines client's processes, forms and reports, determines operational needs, and documents what the software will do and all related processes, forms, reports, etc. to be used after conversion is complete.
- May develop new procedures with client to ensure FIS software is used appropriately.
- Carefully examines data and reports to make sure conversion is proceeding correctly, runs test scripts with various data to see how new or customized transactions process through the software and verifies and validates accuracy of data through the generation of a variety of reports. Validation may include completion of prior system to FIS balancing.
- Coordinates and conducts readiness review. This includes directing the customer in the preparation and execution of test scripts to verify accuracy of data, training and procedures, system set-up and reports. The readiness review process ensures the customer training and procedures, the system, and the conversion data are correct and ready for actual conversion.
- Customizes FIS software using authoring tools to meet individual customer needs - modifies screens and data fields, creates new forms, screens, product sets, tables, etc.
- Throughout the project, provides expertise to answer questions and guide the client in the use of the system. Conducts train the trainer sessions to instruct and train internal customers (employees) or external customers on changes, new systems or new procedures.
- Acts as an on-site resource during conversion and answers questions, troubleshoots problems as they occur, supports implementation of new procedures, conducts last minute training if necessary and provides support during conversion week. Reviews the conversion results (reports, balancing of systems, balancing system conversion to associated General Ledger accounts, errors) with the customer and obtains client sign-off. Coordinates and directs the completion of post-conversion maintenance potentially including error resolution, system or data changes, and balancing adjustments.
- Other related duties are assigned as needed
What you bring
- Ability to communicate ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise, and professional manner
- Requires advanced working knowledge of FIS systems as well as the industries in which FIS competes for business
- Ability to understand, apply and explain concepts
- Ability to handle project commensurate with job expectations
- Ability to analyze and solve problems using learned techniques and tools
- Requires human relations, negotiation and documentation skills
- Requires high attention to detail
- Positions involving data mapping require strong analytical and technical skills
- Ablility to translate client requirements to technical specifications and communicate to technical staff
- Team skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships both internally as well as externally
- Flexibility, versatility, dependability
What we offer you
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities – FIS is your final career step!
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
FIS JOB LEVEL DESCRIPTION
Entry Level Role. Fundamental knowledge of basic skills/concepts with moderate level of proficiency. Works under close to moderate supervision with limited latitude for independent judgment. Works with management or senior peers on non-complex projects or as part of a team on more-complex projects, to learn through experience. Is an active team member, shares ideas and suggestions appropriate for level of experience. Typically requires 1 to 3 years implementation and/or conversion experience with a demonstrated ability to handle small project complexity.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.