Small business makes the world go round – it's the heart of the global economy. At Xero we want millions of small businesses to thrive through beautiful software, advice and connections. We aim to make being a small business more efficient and profitable, and more enjoyable too.
How you'll make an impact
At Xero the customer is the cornerstone of everything we do. We're looking for a passionate consultant with accounting industry knowledge, savvy tech skills, who wants to be part of a software company revolutionizing the small business world. This role is responsible in two key areas. One, to help drive the adoption of Xero's Practice Manager within accounting firms. This includes implementing the solution into their firm while also providing tools to streamline workflows and processes. Two, this role will provide expertise on our different conversion options and provide project plans to execute on those options. This role will be part consulting and part sales. This role will need to be able to question and probe stakeholders to uncover new opportunities as well as present solutions that demonstrate how Xero's products solve a firm's specific problems.
What you'll do
- Provide end-to-end implementation of Xero Practice Manager for Accountants and Bookkeepers
- Assisting internal teams on our different conversion solutions and providing solutions using those tools
- Maintain a deep understanding of the product and speak with customers about the most relevant features/functionality for their specific business needs
- Demonstrating Xero solutions in pre-sales context to Accountants and Bookkeepers specifically for our practice products and how they work in the Xero ecosystem
- Partner with Sales and Operations to develop a plan for making Xero a part of each customer's core architecture
- Working closely with the Sales team to deliver business plans for Partners
- Educating partners on all partner resources available
- Updating CRM system with all client communications including calls, emails and meetings
- Responding in a timely manner to all Partner inquiries
- Manage the creation of resources (processes/videos) for frequently asked questions from Partners
Success looks like
- Successfully implement XPM for a medium to large firm including importing of data, applying best practices & fully training/on-boarding their staff
- Engage in virtual or onsite demos for large firms showcasing key efficiencies, ease of use and software guidance
- Deliver results in high growth environments with strong emotional intelligence
- Applies strong business acumen to problem solving and effectively communicates with key stakeholders
- Quick learner who leverages experience in accounting practice operations to deliver outstanding implementation support
What you'll bring with you
- Enthusiasm for the emerging cloud accounting market and its new opportunities
- A natural tendency towards building mutually beneficial partnerships
- Results driven with strong initiative and ability to work independently
- Outstanding communication, planning and presentation skills
- Capacity to learn, adapt and apply ideas in constantly morphing situations
- Ability to create quick, strong rapport with accountants and other stakeholders
- 4 year degree required
- 2+ years of accounting required
- 2+ years project or program management experience a plus
- Strong knowledge for the workings of an accounting practice and systems
- Understanding of core Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets functions with a willingness to learn more
Why you'll love Xero
Diversity of people brings diversity of thought and we like that. A collaborative and inclusive environment is important to us. Working at Xero will provide you with a diverse and inclusive environment alongside people who will respect, challenge and support you to have fun while you do the best work of your life. We are a place where personal development, innovation, and change are not only inspired but also celebrated. We value our people and want them to enjoy and take pride in their work.
We have a unique and special culture based around our values (#ownership, #challenge, #beautiful, #human and #champion) and offer a number of other great benefits and perks including Xero shares...
So if you want to hear more and have the opportunity to help shape the next phase in the Xero success story please apply!
Xero is an Equal Opportunity Employer.