Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Information Technology
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
Deploy release of new technologies as well as design, install, configure, maintain and integrate system testing performance of PC/server operating systems, related utilities and hardware. IBMi specialist will focus on all IBMi midrange computing tasks to support the ACBS product suite.
What you will be doing
- Installs, maintains, and upgrades internal computer hardware and software systems used for designing and developing company products.
- Controls user access and passwords.
- Proposes and implements system enhancements that will improve reliability and performance of system.
- Monitors usage and performance.
- Train personnel on system usage.
- Troubleshoots server, software, and hardware issues.
- Assists with recommending, scheduling, and implementing system hardware and/or software upgrades or repairs.
- Researches, evaluates, and recommends software and hardware products.
- Supports Web access and electronic messaging services and maintains a secure systems environment.
- Provides new hardware specifications to users based on application needs and anticipated growth.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- Knowledge of multiple operating systems and related utilities and hardware
- Knowledge of storage management, TCP/IP, network monitoring and tools and technical writing principles and practices
- Effective analytical, problem solving, installation and maintenance skills
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, vendors, clients and public
Added bonus if you have:
- Windows Administration
- CL Programming
- Powershell scripting
- Oracle knowledge
What we offer you
- Attractive benefits including private medical cover, dental cover, and travel insurance
- A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility, and respect
- Varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.