Global Procurement Category Manager - Packaging / Logistics at Ball Aerospace (Greater Denver Area, CO)
Ball Corporation manufactures aluminum packaging for beverage, personal care and household products, and provides aerospace and other technologies for commercial and government customers. We have been in business for over 140 years and is leading the charge in creating solutions that keep our planet healthy. Ball Corp has been nationally recognized as a leading company in the creation of sustainable products (Fast Company World Changing Ideas award) as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity (Forbes Magazine.) Join our team of over 18,000 people worldwide in our quest to make the world a cleaner and healthier place. BE BIGGER THAN YOURSELF. BE UNSTOPPABLE. BE AN INSPIRATION. JOIN US IN MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE
The primary responsibility of the Global Category Manager is to lead the full category management lifecycle process for large, global categories, including development of the detailed category management strategy and identification of opportunities. This role will also own the category strategy implementation and execution activities, will define the annual goals, and will be the primary owner of the management of the supplier relationship process. This role will work closely with their regional counterparts and stakeholders to ensure that the strategies are executed to the benefit of the company.
What will you be responsible for?
- Leads the full category management lifecycle process for large, global categories including gathering, analyzing, and reporting on key market intelligence, developing a long-term, multi-year category strategy and development and evaluation of “go to market” strategies.
- Leverages multiple sources of market intelligence and data to make data-informed decisions.
- Develops a comprehensive view of the balance between supply and demand and actively monitors market conditions on an ongoing basis in order to make informed decisions.
- Has responsibility for the development and evaluation of “go to market” strategies for global categories and can achieve creative commercial outcomes through negotiation planning and successful execution by directing cross functional teams of stakeholders.
- Able to work across business units and engage with Regional Category teams and leadership to facilitate positive outcomes for the organization.
- Leads the performance management process for global suppliers, including regular business reviews.
- Proactively reports progress against global sourcing goals/for the specified period.
- Interacting with and aligning with Global Business Leaders (Commercial, Operations, Engineering, Finance, IT), Regional Category Managers and regional leadership regarding category strategies and execution of global categories.
- Regional Heads of Procurement, Global Business Leaders, Regional Category Managers, global category stakeholders, regional business unit heads, Finance, regional consumers of relevant goods and services.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree with master’s degree or advanced certification (e.g., MBA, CPM, CPSM, CPSC, PMP) preferred
- A minimum of eight (8) years of progressively increasing responsibility in Sourcing, Category Management, Supply Chain Management, Finance, Management Consulting, or business-related operations in a global environment.
- At least 4 years of experience with specific category(ies) is required.
- Deep understanding of category management, strategic sourcing, and supplier relationship management principles and application.
- Advanced financial analytical skills and experience in enhancing value through negotiations.
- Strategic orientation, inquisitive, comfortable with ambiguity, and self-motivated to identify trends and improvement opportunities aligned with business objectives and strategic plans.
- Ability to build effective relationships, influence peers and key stakeholders, and built consensus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to tailor messages to the given audience, present information in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with ability to extract key themes, determine root causes, develop creative solutions, and craft concise messages.
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and multitask in a flexible, fast-paced and challenging environment.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word skills is highly desired.
- Knowledge of current principles, practices, and methods pertaining to procurement.
- Knowledge of analytics and market research methods.
- Knowledge of advanced negotiation tactics.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 98,500 - 150,500 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans