Vertafore is a leading technology company whose innovative software solution are advancing the insurance industry. Our suite of products provides solutions to our customers that help them better manage their business, boost their productivity and efficiencies, and lower costs while strengthening relationships.
Our mission is to move InsurTech forward by putting people at the heart of the industry. We are leading the way with product innovation, technology partnerships, and focusing on customer success.
Our fast-paced and collaborative environment inspires us to create, think, and challenge each other in ways that make our solutions and our teams better.
We are headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with offices across the U.S., Canada, and India.Customer Consultant- Agency Job Description
Customer Consulting is an integral part of the Customer Success team. We partner with the customer success managers by uncovering and understanding initiatives of the customer and consult to achieve the highest utilization of our solutions. We are best known for our diligent preparation and our ability to dig into customer's issues. It is all about the customer getting the most value from their investment in Vertafore solutions. We do this by working on a team that will exceed our customer's expectations with industry and product knowledge. The team works with new and existing customers and supports the Inside, Field, and Enterprise customers in the agency, MGA and Carrier insurance industry.
The Customer Consultant is comfortable with frequent travel and partners with our customer consulting team and our Field and Strategic sales teams to work with the largest agencies across the country. The ideal candidate is an industry expert that exhibits excellent consulting skills with all levels of an organization. They understand how to recognize opportunity for improvement, communicate optimization efforts and execute on the plan.Team Player & Collaborator
· The Customer Consulting model is a team approach. Team culture is our number one priority.
· Each team member contributes to the success of the overall team.
· Leverages the right internal resources for the situation.
· A Customer Consultant will work with multiple stakeholders to develop an assessment of business practices, product utilization and configuration of Vertafore solutions.
· A Customer Consultant has a positive and ambitious attitude with an "always willing to help" demeanor.Consulting Skills & Executive Presence
· A Customer Consultant consults in all professional settings from executive to middle management to end-user levels.
· When consulting, it is crucial that you can relate how to get the value of the solution that supports customer priorities and measure success.
· Ability to deep dive into the solution for end-user day to day operations.
· Ability to present and relate cross-departmentally from Agency Operations, Commercial Lines, Personal Lines, Accounting & Finance, Employee Benefits and more.Creative Problem Solving and Strategic Approach to Driving Value to the Customer
· Ability to take a strategic, consultative, and individual approach with customers to help them achieve their goals.
· Ability to conduct best practice, train the trainer, executive readout and change management sessions.
· To be a consultant to our customers and prospects on driving change with the use of technology.
· Both a self-starter in approach and execution and a valuable and dependable team member.
· Ability to cultivate internal and external relationships and intuitively leverage resources in customer engagements.
· Great attention to detail and documentation.Product & Industry Expertise
· A Customer Consultant is responsible for deep product knowledge across the entire agency suite of solutions.
· Ability to ramp-up on products and their value quickly.
· Support a culture of learning by adopting and train other team members on new product enhancements.
· To be a student of the industry in constant mode of learning and being a thought leader to the Insurance Industry.
· To be a self-starter when learning technology and applying value to the solution when presenting.Cross-Departmental Collaboration
· As a Sr. Solution Consultant, it is expected that you work cross-departmentally within Vertafore both leading and participating in special projects and initiatives.
· Partner with Marketing, Product and Professional Services on regular basis.
· Work with Product Management to help define product requirements collected from field experience.
· Voice and advocate of our customer base with the ability to communicate information gathered from the field.
· Ensure proper handoff to post sales activity to insure a successful implementation.The Ideal Candidate
· 3 + years pre-sales or consulting experience in enterprise software or related field
· Insurance experience required. Operational role desired.
· Experience with Vertafore products preferred.
· Technical skills including Microsoft suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
· Strong knowledge of insurance agency, MGA and carrier operations
· Able to perform in high stress situations.
· Bachelor's Degree preferred or equivalent experience.
Additional Requirements and Details:
- Travel required up to 10% of the time.
- Ability to work remotely with a stable internet connection on an as-needed basis
- Located and working from an office location (when required)*
- Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds.
- Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate a computer.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (working on a computer, etc.).
- Frequent sitting and/or standing.
*Our offices are currently closed due to COVID-19 and are scheduled to re-open mid 2021.