Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. We are passionate about what we do! Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry by making genetic testing affordable and accessible for everyone to guide health decisions across all stages of life.Position summary:
The Facilities Manager will be responsible for the maintenance and operations both during regular and after-hours related to commercial office buildings sites and scientific lab environments. The ideal candidate has complete understanding and knowledge of systems which include HVAC, plumbing, painting, fire protection/fire alarm, elevators, backup generators, landscaping, hardscapes, building management systems, and roof systems. The Facilities Manager will also work with outside contractors on building and equipment repairs. The ideal candidate will have the ability to multitask and manage several projects simultaneously and will be able to work cross-functionally across the company.Responsibilities:
Job performance will involve a variety of activities including:
- Daily operation & maintenance: develop and implement strategic planning concepts, site project management, site construction management, architectural design concepts, manage capital improvements through facility condition assessments, estimating and implementation.
- Participate in and lead risk assessments associated with design changes, both for new facilities and for expansions of existing facilities
- Ensure that office and scientific equipment is operational and maintained accurately, troubleshooting as needed within lab and cGMP environments
- Work with the landlord on building maintenance
- Provide a consistent and effective level of support to internal customers
- Contact external contractors and service companies as the need arises
- Ensure that basic facilities, such as water and heating are well maintained
- Oversee building projects, renovations, and refurbishments
- Help business to relocate to new offices and to make decisions about leasing
- Review, understanding, and compliance with ArcherDX HIPAA Security policies and procedures.
- Safeguarding the privacy and security of protected health information and European Union personal data.
- Processing and handling of European Union personal data only as advised by ArcherDX for purposes of personalized molecular pathology.
- 3 years in facilities management/engineering
- Project management skills
- Experience in a laboratory environment preferred
- Experience in minor construction and repairs
- Ability to work with external contractors to ensure the facility and equipment is running efficiently
- Experience with a multitude of systems including HVAC
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- High level of accuracy and neatness
- Experience leading others
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Drive and determination
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to participate with others as a member of the team to ensure that demanding and difficult projects are handled efficiently and cooperatively to improve the success of the projects and maintain positive relationships within all parts of the company.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Driven to perform
- Self-directed: needs little explicit direction
- Able to organize, prioritize, and delegate tasks to efficiently move projects forward.
In Colorado, our competitive compensation package includes a base salary starting from $100,000 per year. In determining the final salary offered, we will evaluate a specific candidate's geographic location, education, skills, and experience.
Invitae offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes healthcare coverage, 401k, and a broad range of other benefits, outlined below:
- Health, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, and basic life insurance coverage
- Paid time off, holiday pay, parental leave, and other health and wellness supports
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.