Engineering Program Manager - SolidFire
SolidFire is looking for an Technical Program Manager who excels at delivering high quality, on-time software products for our state-of-the-art cloud storage solution. The ideal candidate will have a blend of running projects as a scrum master along with technical depth and excellent communication skills. Additionally, the program manager will have a continuous improvement mindset.
The Software Technical Program Manager drives engineering activities throughout the product lifecycle to deliver high quality program releases on schedule. More specific responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with the engineering teams to plan and execute software development for complex software features
- Work with Product Owners, Product Managers, other scrum teams and stakeholders to align priorities and collaborate on a daily basis
- Holds the teams accountable to the process
- Track engineering progress against release schedules to ensure early and often communication for the status of the release
- Identify risks and mitigation plans that maintain schedule integrity
- Actively drive the engineering teams to ensure that product quality is maintained throughout the SolidFire product lifecycle, including requirements traceability, test suite tracking and defect triage
- Drive innovation and integration of new software development processes and quality initiatives into projects and activities
- Work with the Build/Release engineer to facilitate continuous integration/delivery within the release
Qualified candidates must have a track record of successfully managing software features and releases from concept to new product introduction. Additional requirements include:
- Experience working on system level software is a must. Data storage industry would be a plus
- Certified Scrum Master or PMP certification preferred.
- Strong leadership and analytical skills in combination with excellent written and verbal communication abilities. The candidate must be self-driven and an expert at multi-tasking
- Ability to understand the technical details of the software your teams are working on. You should be able to assess risk, challenge estimates, identify dependencies and ultimately guide the team throughout the software development
- Experience as a technical contributor (software developer, quality engineering, etc.) a plus
- Experience with Jira tool for agile project management a plus
- Experience with waterfall or similar software development methodologies a plus
Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 3 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent work experience.