Engineer II - Facilities Project Manager at Ball Aerospace
At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Engineer II – Facilities Project Manager
What You’ll Do:
- Provide engineering and project management for Facilities projects ranging in size from $5K to $5M.
- Perform all project functions from concept to closing including gathering and developing customer project requirements, preliminary and final design, cost estimating, budget management, scheduling, maintaining project files, and coordinating project teams for multiple projects at one time.
- Project team coordination including indirect management of processes with other internal team members and direct management including selecting and hiring outside contractors (i.e. construction general contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, A&Es), setting deadlines, assigning responsibilities, managing progress, and reporting project status to management.
- Provide other assistance to Facilities as directed.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 5 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Proven history of successfully managing multiple projects, priorities, budgets, and deadlines of various sizes simultaneously.
- Highly organized with proven ability to identify and manage both project details and overall objectives.
- Proven ability to work in a self-directed environment while creating, maintaining, or participating in an effective team atmosphere.
- Working knowledge of facilities operations and procedures.
- Proficient at interpreting and comprehending building blueprints & floor plan layouts.
- Proven history of effectively managing contractors.
- Working knowledge of various MS Office software and AutoCAD software.
- Basic accounting and math proficiency.
- Understanding of business concepts.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Proficiency with basic office equipment including: PC, cell phone, plotters, and other office equipment.
- Proven history of regular attendance and schedule flexibility.
- Experience constructing and maintaining technical, industrial facilities.
- Experience designing and constructing clean rooms and laboratories.
- Experience constructing secured spaces.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations is required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $94,500 - $117,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.