The Engagement Manager is the face of Workiva to C-suite and executive level sponsors and stakeholders in client organizations to build, maintain and grow the relationship. Primary clients are large enterprises and/or other organizations with complex solution implementations, but may also include non-enterprise clients with less complex implementations. Responsible for matrix leadership of implementation teams to ensure that contract terms are met and client satisfaction is achieved; leads contract renegotiation as necessary.
Acts as strategic business partner within Workiva and with the C-suite and executives at client firms before, during and after the implementation to build, maintain and grow the relationship. Includes:
- Builds strong relationships internally to demonstrate the value of engagement management as a business model and client relationship strategy.
- Serves as a strategic partner and trusted advisor within Workiva and with the client to understand the client's business needs and act as a liaison between the client and the Workiva team.
- Leads the communication between Workiva and client, including presenting technical concepts to diverse groups, developing and communicating engagement delivery strategies and standards to meet client needs.
- Partners with Sales, Pre-Sales, Onboarding and other individuals and teams across Workiva to navigate the complexities of client implementations, ensuring that the needs of both Workiva and the client are met.
- Identifies gaps and opportunities and provide actionable insights to enhance processes, outcomes and relationships both internally and externally.
- Consults internally on establishing, assessing and adjusting implementation project plans/ roadmaps, setting expectations, success criteria and milestones.
- Maintains full awareness of all aspects of the client relationship and project to identify and resolve issues and risks, solve problems, clear roadblocks, and manage expectations; leads contract renegotiations as necessary.
What You'll Need
Education:Undergraduate Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.Experience:
- 5+ years in a Customer facing role in consulting and/or professional services with responsibility for account management, program management and/or management consulting
- Technology experience with ERP, CRM, accounting systems
- Experience working with cross-functional and geographically dispersed team members and customers
- Experience with SaaS based implementation is a plus
- Proven relationship building and business acumen skills, including the ability to assess internal and external organizational culture and navigate relationships accordingly.
- Ability to be at ease when engaging, communicating, consulting and presenting straightforward information and/or strategic value propositions to all levels of an organization, from individual contributors to the C-suite.
- Ability to integrate, motivate and build relationships with local and remote cross-functional team members, C-suite and executive sponsors and other key stakeholders, involved with or affected by the project.
- Demonstrated success in mediating and negotiating to find common ground.
- Deep knowledge of project management best practices and how to apply them in an effective yet pragmatic way across large, complex projects
- Strong understanding of technology principles and services, including infrastructure, business applications, data management, and application platforms, preferably in a SaaS environment.
Travel: Up to 75% at times to meet with customers, other teams within Workiva, and to attend conferences or trade shows.
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: Rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, you’ll enjoy:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
- Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.
Learn more: https://www.linkedin.com/company/workiva/life/
Workiva is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe that great minds think differently. We value diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, and we recognize diversity as an important source of intellectual thought, varied perspective, and innovation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other protected characteristic.
Workiva is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. To request assistance with the application process, please email [email protected].