Engagement Manager at Freshworks
Freshworks provides innovative customer engagement software for businesses of all sizes, making it easy for teams to acquire, close, and keep their customers for life. Freshworks Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) products provide a 360-degree view of the customer, are ready to go, easy to use, and offer quick return on investment. Headquartered in San Mateo, USA, Freshworks 2,000+ team members work in offices throughout the world. Freshworks has global offices in India, Singapore, Australia, UK, Netherlands, France and Germany. The company counts over 220,000 businesses in its customer-for-life community around the world including Honda, Bridgestone, Hugo Boss, University of Pennsylvania, Toshiba, Sling TV, Sotheby’s and Cisco.
The Engagement Manager, coordinating closely with customer and internal teams (Product, Engineering, Marketplace, Sales, Pre-sales and Support) is responsible for planning, execution, and successful implementation of our SAAS products for our customers. The Engagement Manager manages cross-functional teams who are responsible for delivering the implementations on time for our customers with quality results.
- Be the prime contact for customers during implementation and deployment of our software and services.
- Be responsible for all aspects of project management and coordination, including scope and change request management.
- Work closely with project sponsor and stakeholders in defining project goals and objectives as well as planning and delivering the project
- Work closely with customers and internal teams to develop, execute, and monitor implementation/deployment plans to successfully deliver solutions within agreed upon timeframes
- Conduct pre-kick-off and kick-off meetings to establish and communicate project plans, milestones, goals, and associated processes.
- Lead the development and implementation of a coordinated set of plans and programs for all phases to meet the goals and priorities of the projects.
- Participate in establishing practices, templates, policies, tools and partnerships to expand and mature these capabilities for the organization
- Ensure the prime objective of “delivering moments of wow to our customers” is always met.
- Define resources requirements, organize project teams, and ensure projects are staffed with adequate and appropriate resources.
- Establish and manage communication and risk management plans.
- Coordinate and manage site visits.
- Monitor and track project progress and work efforts on a daily basis, and report project status to senior management and other stakeholders.
- Coordinate with customer and internal teams to develop work/change orders when needed due to changes in scope, schedules, and dependencies.
- Communicate clearly with management, customers, sales, and developers to ensure business requirements are translated accurately for implementation.
- Recommend product enhancements and new product opportunities to the Product Management team.
- Work closely with sales and implementation services to scope and estimate customer engagements (pre-sale).
- Concurrently work on multiple customer implementation engagements.
- Work across multiple time zones.
- 20+% travel may be required.
- May require working outside office hours.
- Take on other assigned responsibilities as required.
- A Bachelor degree
- Relevant experience of managing IT projects related to SAAS products
- 5+ years of IT project management experience, planning, tracking and managing projects that successfully met timelines
- Formal project management training and/or certification (PMP Certification is a strong plus)
- Proficient in software projects/products implementation
- Experience in using project management and presentation tools
- Experience in writing business requirements and functional specification documents
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational, presentation, and coordination skills
- Ability to prioritize, work creatively, and perform tasks in solving problems in time-critical situations
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
- Proven track record of working concurrently on multiple customer engagements