eCommerce Development Manager
Ecommerce Development Manager
PopSockets LLC, based in Boulder, Colorado, designs, manufactures and sells innovative lifestyle products. Our flagship product, the PopSockets grip—a collapsible grip and stand that provides secure one-handed holding for any mobile device—was invented by philosophy professor David Barnett, with the first grip sold on PopSockets.com in 2014 and the 100 millionth sold in 2018. PopSockets products embody the company's mission to create empowering, personal, and fun products.
PopSockets was named one of the Best Places to Work in Colorado in 2018 and also listed as Inc. 5000's second fastest growing company in the US, with a 71,424% percent of sales increase over the last three years.
For more information on what it’s like to work at PopSockets, click here. Read more about our recent rebrand and updated packaging here.
PopSockets is looking for someone to lead our front-end development team as the Ecommerce Development Manager. You will be responsible for project management and prioritization of the global web development projects. In this role, you will research, initiate, and ensure the timely completion of web projects designed to improve usability and customer satisfaction. Your ability to bring your vision and concepts to life will not only be welcomed but celebrated. You will not only be challenged to implement best practices and high standards but also to think in new ways and explore new and engaging ways to solve real-world problems for the business. You will be working with a highly driven team, looking to provide the best online brand experience possible.
- Manage a team of employee and contract software and QA automation engineers
- Provide technical leadership and oversight architect solutions that align and improve business process
- Coordinate with business partners (Sales, Customer Service, Business Analytics, Marketing) to understand requirements, concerns and opportunities to help inform project prioritization.
- Establish process to document and consistently communicate status of all website development to stakeholders and Executive Leadership.
- Set goals and provide timely and relevant feedback for the team, in order to sustain a culture of personal development and team accountability
- Inspire trust and build strong relationships across locations, functions, business units, and levels across the enterprise
- Develop an understanding of our business and collaborate closely with our various stakeholders to identify and influence opportunities to drive business value through technology innovation
- Ensure solutions are architected in a forward looking manner aligned with our multi-year roadmap
- Identify opportunities to improve development, dev ops, and QA processes and standards and then drive that implementation
- Develop and document appropriate UAT processes/resources to verify accuracy and quality of all project work prior to deployment
- Research and evaluate industry competitive web solutions/functionality to lead constant innovation and ensure/maintain competitive advantage
- Remain current in ecommerce/web dev/SEO/web usability best practices and leverage this knowledge to inform development roadmap
- Work closely with other managers, engineers, business analysts, business stakeholders, and consulting partners across different regions on the development and support of projects and enhancements
- Provide technical operational support for our ecommerce technology ecosystem and ensure all compliance obligations are met throughout the development life cycle
- 5+ years experience ecommerce development
- Tech management background with process implementation (agile/scrum practices)
- Scrum Master a plus
- Familiarity with eCommerce systems (Salesforce/Demandware, Shopify, OMS)
- Background using Trello, Jira, SmartSheets, SFCC and SFMC
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical and reporting skills
- Roll up the sleeves, action-oriented mindset to have an impact in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment
- Great sense of humor
- Willingness to work independently or as part of a team