Due Diligence Associate (ADX-354-20) at ArcherDX
In October 2020, Invitae Corporation (NYSE: NVTA) combined with ArcherDX, a genomic analysis company specializing in cancer diagnostics and monitoring, to create a leading comprehensive medical and cancer genetics company. As a combined company, Invitae, is bringing world-class genetic testing and diagnostics into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our goal is to aggregate the world’s genetic tests into a single service with higher quality and accuracy, faster turnaround time and actionable results. Learn more at invitae.com and archerdx.com.
An operational role, focusing on centralization and alignment of information within the company as it pertains to technology scouting, in/out-licensing, and partnering in designated regions. The candidate is an integral part of a cross-functional team of experts spanning business development, legal, finance, R&D, commercial and QMR. The candidate must be able communicate effectively across functions and gain buy-in and alignment on partnering opportunities. The position will organize and manage global initiatives to develop business agreements and partnerships, and support documentation for decision making and presentation to senior management.
- Strong communication skills and works transparently and inclusively to drive results and alignment across functions.
- Aggregate and centralize information for due diligences across a spectrum of partnering and contracting activities
- Assist in transitioning corporate development initiatives to internal teams by assisting in the establishment of key metrics, timeline, scope and goals with the aim of generating immediate alignment and follow-through on corporate development initiative execution and integration with broader corporate operations and product development.
- Maintain relationships with appropriate company team members to identify and communicate new and future product needs, development and market trends
- Provide customer service/support when necessary, to existing customers (internal and external)
- Manage and maintain a portfolio of technologies and services both internal and external to Archer / Invitae.
- Pays particular attention to delivering accurate and timely forecasting and budgeting for development/deliverables.
- Ability to follow-up diligently with internal stakeholders to ensure deliverables are met in partnering discussions
- Actively scout for and collect data on novel and disruptive technologies and remain on pulse of molecular testing landscape.
- Minimum of BSc in life sciences discipline, advanced degree preferred
- Fluency in English
- A minimum of approx. 2+ years in companion diagnostics, in vitro diagnostics, biopharma, or life sciences industry
- Experience in project management
- Highly organized and able to pull together information from various sources into a centralized, consistent format/template for presentation and decision making at ELT level
- Has previous experience working with/managing external vendors across cultures (especially US-EU-Japan-China) in a high complexity/high priority program context
- Entrepreneurial experience preferred / Self Starter
- Demonstrated comfort in public speaking and presentations
PERSONAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Highly self-motivated and proactive, works with a sense of urgency
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills; ability to lead, influence, and motivate others
- Ability to work in a complex matrix environment
- Excellent organizational ability and flexibility
- Distill complex issues and clearly articulate / present solutions
- Proactive and personally accountable to ensure cross-functional alignment