Director, Software Program Management
NetApp is the data authority for hybrid cloud. We provide a full range of hybrid cloud data services that simplify management of applications and data across cloud and on-premises environments to accelerate digital transformation. Together with our partners, we empower global organizations to unleash the full potential of their data to expand customer touchpoints, foster greater innovation and optimize their operations
NetApp is seeking a Director of Program Management to join the SolidFire team. This role would report directly to the VP of Engineering, the NetApp HCI, and the Solidfire AFA product line. The SolidFire team has delivered, and continues to develop, an Enterprise-Scale Hyperconverged Infrastructure (HCI) product based on SolidFire’s proven all-flash storage technology.
In this position you will play an instrumental role in driving critical engineering programs in collaboration with cross functional teams. You will be responsible for defining engineering program goals, spanning the planning, execution and monitoring of such goals. This is a great opportunity to lead in a high-powered team delivering an industry changing product within an extremely high growth sector of the tech industry.
- Develop and maintain engineering programs in collaboration with business partners
- Help maintain the fine balance between ambitious and achievable goals
- Assess program management risks and communicate changes to appropriate stakeholders
- Recommend strategies to improve process efficiencies
- Lead transformational projects to drive efficiency
- Ensure that product releases are delivered at market pace with the highest quality
- 7+ years of experience in program management in a high growth, fast paced engineering environment
- Strong aptitude for, and experience working with, large and complex teams building enterprise level software and hardware products.
- Excellent knowledge of product lifecycle, tools, processes, and operations planning.
- Excellent verbal and written communications with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to identify, describe, and resolve and/or escalate issues to closure
- Ability to contribute and lead in a project team environment, optimizing functional and project goals
- Planning, scheduling, and milestone-oriented
- Strong understanding of engineering principles and practices.
- Demonstrated understanding of the full software development life cycle
- Experience or working knowledge of Agile/Scrum and SAFe is a plus
- B.S., or M.S. in Computer Science or a related field/ equivalent experience
What You'll Love About Us:
- Our Culture: It’s our culture and our people. If you ask anyone at NetApp why they work here, the answer is inevitably the same: it’s the people.
- Our Location: We have a beautiful Boulder office, with amazing Flatiron views, on the vibrant downtown Pearl Street.
- Health Benefits: NetApp provides comprehensive medical, dental, wellness, and vision plans for you and your family.
- Financial and Savings Programs: Whether it’s flexible spending, stock purchases, or competitive retirement plans, we work with you to capitalize on total compensation now and into the future.
- Work Life balance and more: To make sure of work-life balance, we offer paid and volunteer time off, educational assistance, legal services, and access to discounts and fitness centers.
- Global Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging: We fully embrace and advance a diverse, inclusive global workforce with a culture of belonging that leverages the backgrounds of all to cultivate a higher performing organization.
At NetApp, we take care of each other, our customers, our partners, and our communities simply because it’s the right thing to do. Along the way, we’ve repeatedly transformed businesses and set industry standards. Now more game-changing developments are in the pipeline. Behind our breakthroughs is an open, collaborative culture that fuels fresh ideas. By sharing our viewpoints, challenging our thinking, and empowering our people, we create unique and novel approaches to solving problems. Join us, and we’ll help each other do our best work!