Director of Program Management at VIZIO
Date: Feb 3, 2021
Location: Denver, CO, US, 80111
Company: VIZIO, Inc.
About the Team:
VIZIO is looking for a Director of Program Manager who will report to the Senior Director of Program Management for our Smartcast TV applications team. The Director of Program Management will support team management, workflow processes and provide oversight for multiple complex product initiatives that require team alignment within this functional group. They will lead release and resource planning, monitor and report status of the program portfolio to the senior director and ensure that features are successfully delivered on schedule while meeting business and quality metrics.
- Knowledge of and existing work experience with structured software development lifecycles.
- 15-20 years relevant program manager experience.
- Ability to work with diverse team members, solve people problems and manage emergency events and customer issues.
- Effective communication skills in working with a variety of technical and business personnel.
- High degree of emotional intelligence, empathy and level headed, fact based approach to solving problems.
- Prior structured software development experience is required.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Work experience with project management tools.
What You Will Do:
- Develop and continually refine processes to ensure efficient execution.
- Direct and manage full lifecycle project development activities of moderate to high complexity.
- Lead cross functional teams to plan project scope and deliverables to support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated documentation and communications. Plan, schedule, and document project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Estimate resources needed to achieve project goals.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical paths.
- Identify potential risks and devise contingency plans. Identify and resolve design/delivery issues and conflicts with project teams.
- Report status on program portfolio. Manage and communicate expectations with team members and stakeholders. Distribute tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Support fact based strategic decision making to meet company goals and objectives.
- Develop and recommend best practices/tools for project execution and management..
We are Beautifully Simple.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, VIZIO is a leading HDTV brand in America and the #1 Sound Bar Brand in America. VIZIO's mission is to deliver high performance, smarter products with the latest innovations at a significant savings that we can pass along to our consumers. Our loyal following and industry-wide praise continues to grow as we redefine what it means to be smart.
VIZIO, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. We will not pay fees to any third-party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
For Colorado-based employment: The minimum salary for this position is $140,760/year. The compensation package includes quarterly bonus in addition to a range of medical, dental, vision, financial and other benefits.