Director, Program Management - PS at Vertafore (Greater Denver Area, CO)
$180,000 - $200,000 + VIP Bonus
Vertafore is a leading technology company whose innovative software solution are advancing the insurance industry. Our suite of products provides solutions to our customers that help them better manage their business, boost their productivity and efficiencies, and lower costs while strengthening relationships.
Our mission is to move InsurTech forward by putting people at the heart of the industry. We are leading the way with product innovation, technology partnerships, and focusing on customer success.
Our fast-paced and collaborative environment inspires us to create, think, and challenge each other in ways that make our solutions and our teams better.
We are headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with offices across the U.S., Canada, and India.
Vertafore Professional Services Organization is looking for dynamic and passionate people to join our team! We are seeking a Director for our Program Management team with expertise in driving strategic client interactions, managing implementations, and coordinating all aspects of post implementation client success. If you thrive at successfully leading a portfolio of project implementations, developing teams and leadership and have a passion for securing customer success, we want you to join our team! The Director - Program Management will be responsible for the leadership of the Program Managers, overall direction, planning (road mapping), execution, monitoring and completion of multiple projects within a customer program, ensuring strategic customer objectives are met and ensuring consistency with Vertafore's mission, strategy, values, commitments and goals. This role would oversee a team of Program Managers, as well as manage 1-2 large active accounts directly in a hands-on client-facing capacity.
As a Director - Program Management, you are responsible for a team of Program Managers and accountable for the delivery of products and services to our largest and most strategic customers. You will act as the key focal point between customer and internal teams, communicate program/project status at all levels, and make sure services are executed on time and to budget while ensuring outstanding client satisfaction and results during and post implementation. The ideal qualifications of this candidate include previous experience/expertise in a) managing successful client-facing enterprise software implementations at a program level b) business process consulting, c) client relationship management– especially in dealing with challenging clients & situations, d) driving and overseeing project teams to deliver all aspects of a client engagement. You will drive technical, functional, process and cross-departmental change initiatives while managing communication to drive Vertafore and client teams toward long term successful solutions.
The right candidate will thrive on making everyone around them better, enthusiastically meet goals, and are motivated by team accomplishment over individual accolades.
Core Requirements and Responsibilities:
Essential job functions included but are not limited to the following:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· You are highly organized and have proven ability to monitor program budget vs. actuals and can forecast program revenues and expenditures.
· You have a proven track record of building, developing and growing business relationships vital to the success of the program, in person and remotely.
· You are able to lead, motivate, mentor and develop a team of professionals.
· You are experienced and can handle difficult and escalated situations with minimal leadership involvement.
· You have proven ability communicating with the customer to ensure progress is being made, risks are identified and managed promptly.
· You are a pro at scheduling and managing resources assigned to your projects and can manage the schedule of work for all phases.
· You have demonstrated an ability to manage changes in project scope including documenting and explaining implications of changes so they are clearly understood and approved.
· You excel at setting and managing expectations internally with your team as well as externally to your customer to successfully deliver project.
· You are skilled at building professional executive status reports and other required project documentation.
· You are able to influence and collaborate with internal, cross-functional teams (e.g, Product Management, Development, Support) to build client roadmaps, solve production issues and drive outcomes for the customer.
· You have the talent and ability to proactively learn and understand Vertafore software and the mechanics of their implementation and deployment.
· You will grow and thrive at knowing the detailed task breakdown of your projects such as complex software implementation tasks and consulting deliverables.
· You will work tirelessly to provide outstanding project team leadership to achieve schedule, budget and scope performance.
· If required for one off projects, you will assume project management duties to support customer and/or team needs.
· Proficient with MS Office Tools (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint)
· Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills: demonstrated ability to present to groups, clients, and executives
· Independent Insurance industry experience is highly desirable
· At least 5+ years of customer facing program management experience (preferably within a software environment)
· Prior project management or consulting experience implementing enterprise software is required
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
· PMP or PMI Certification (desired but not required)
· You must be able to travel up to 20% throughout the year with possible weekend and evening activity as needed
Additional Requirements and Details:
· Travel required up to 20% of the time.
· Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds.
· Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate a computer.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (working on a computer, etc.).
· Frequent sitting and/or standing.
Is this role not an exact fit for you? Keep an eye on our Careers Page for other positions!
Vertafore is a drug free workplace and conducts preemployment drug and background screenings.
The selected candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the job responsibilities, duties, skill, or working conditions. In addition, this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
Vertafore strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
We do not accept resumes from agencies, headhunters, or other suppliers who have not signed a formal agreement with us.