Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving understanding of the past. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $4.6B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses artificial intelligence and machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include, Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
The Corporate Engineering team is creating a PMO organization to provide support and visibility of the whole portfolio of Business Systems and IT organization work to enable an informed prioritization of projects and highlight potential issues and risks. As Director Program Management Office within Corporate Engineering, you are charged with leading technology initiatives. Collaborating with business partners to drive the technology components for Corporate Engineering, you will oversee all aspects of the program, including scope definition and management, timelines, budgets, and resource allocation, and provide oversight to a global portfolio of initiatives.
The PMO will establish frameworks and assist with processes, tools, and templates for the Business Systems and IT teams to deliver projects on time, to budget, and to the desired quality.
The ideal candidate is an innovative leader with excellent analytical abilities and judgment who can set and deliver on the IT Operations team's technical objectives that support overall goals while being efficient and delivery-focused.
- Build & lead a team of program managers
- You will direct a portfolio of initiatives and liaison between business and IT teams to ensure that the proposed solutions meet business requirements.
- Establish and lead Steering Committee framework to ensure alignment in the efforts of the IT and Business Systems teams with our business partners across Finance, HR, Sales, Marketing, Engineering and Customer Operations, and others.
- Partner with Business Systems and IT leadership to ensure strategic roadmap alignment through our Executive Steering Committee and QBRs.
- Work with IT leads to define and contribute to business process and technology roadmaps supporting long-term divisional strategies.
- Create and develop frameworks to identify and drive continuous improvements, define success metrics for the team, and framework for continuous release optimization
- Lead all aspects of project planning, and tracking, including working with team leads to define project scope and goals, identifying resources, and creating and running project schedules.
- You are passionate about employees systems experience and have a deep understanding of enabling tools and systems that will allow employee productivity.
- Deliver Corporate Engineering monthly, quarterly newsletters and conduct monthly employee productivity hackathons and office hours.
- Measure, monitor, and communicate release metrics
- Able to lead from the front and communicate status and schedules, manage risks, help reports evaluate trade-offs, and call out impediments
- Demonstrate an ability to structure an organization and optimize it for execution, including attracting top tier talent for a growing organization
What you bring:
- 10+ years of experience as a software project/program manager with experience leading large and complex projects involving multiple business functions
- 5+ years leading projects in Business Applications or SaaS-based Business Applications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering or four years of equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- Proficient knowledge of the systems implementation and development life cycles
- Strong organizational planning skills and understanding of portfolio management concepts
- Effective analytical skills with an ability to identify issues and resolve, or identify the internal resources to assist
- Tolerant of ambiguity and the flexibility to work well in a dynamic environment with evolving priorities
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with sufficient level of technical capability to effectively communicate with engineers, scope technical projects, and identify technical risks
- A validated ability to influence and collaborate across all levels of the organization
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills and experience leading activities across large organizations
- Proficient in Confluence, data analytics, Agile methodologies
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $187,000 - $220,000.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.