Guild, the leading education benefits platform and one of Denver's fastest growing startups, is increasing economic mobility for working adults in America and providing education and support to help every student survive and thrive in the economy of tomorrow. Our platform helps employers offer education as a benefit to their employees by connecting employers' workforces with our network of nonprofit universities and education institutions that focus on serving the needs of working adults. And, our team of retention coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through graduation. In order to accelerate our growth and achieve our mission to serve 1000s more students, we've raised over $70 million from top tier investors including Felicis Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, and Redpoint Ventures (among other social impact and VC partners!). Now, we’re looking to add a Director, Implementation to the team.
The Director, Implementation is an experienced leader that will help us scale the Guild marketplace. As the Director, Implementation, you will:
- Partner with the CEO, VP Marketplace Delivery, and other key executives to develop a strategy for designing and implementing partnerships with speed, quality, and efficiency
- Lead a cross-functional team spanning engineering, marketing, and operations to drive the design and implementation of partnerships from end-to-end
- Manage all aspects of partner launch, including strategic vision, detailed design, implementation, documentation, and handoff to Account Management
- Act as a coach to cross-functional team members to drive the team’s collective success
- Manage senior relationships with our partners during design and implementation
- Develop innovative new systems, processes, and tools that enable continuous improvement in design and delivery
A day in our open, collaborative workspace might look like:
- Engage with senior executives, internal subject matter experts, and partners to strategically craft, evangelize, and execute launch plans over tight timelines
- Work with cross-functional team members to solve problems and drive high-quality execution
- Develop and test innovative ideas to improve the efficiency, quality, and speed of our delivery
In this role, you’ll grow and expand your expertise by:
- Managing multiple complex projects, while engaging with multiple stakeholders across the organization
- Using your problem-solving skills in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Leading a cross-functional team to success
- Building relationships with senior leaders at our partners
You’ll know if you’re successful when:
- We launch new partners seamlessly, without major changes in requirements at the last minute.
- We see continuous improvement in the efficiency and quality of our launches with new partners.
- The cross-functional team you lead is motivated, inspired, and consistently able to deliver high-quality work on time.
- Our partners rave about their experience working with Guild during the design and delivery phase
You’ll join a team:
- From diverse backgrounds – from traditional higher education, to athletic coaches, to politicians, to startup leaders (and more!)
- Of learners and problem-solvers dedicated to our dual mission of changing education in America while building a successful, high-growth company
- Committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment that you’d support every day
What you’ll add to Guild – as an individual and part of the broader team:
- 8-10+ years of experience in strategy consulting, business management, product management, and/or program management roles
- 2+ years of people management experience, with demonstrated track record of successfully coaching cross-functional teams to achieve exceptional outcomes
- Understanding of both “business world” and “technology world,” and an ability to comfortably operate at the intersection of the two
- Ability to exercise strong business judgment to focus on initiatives with the highest impact and identify potential issues before they arise
- An operator’s mindset: Strong leadership and project management skills, with demonstrated ability to deliver complex projects involving multiple stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with demonstrated ability to build trusting relationships with senior-level clients and/or partners
- Desire to learn, grow, and evolve within a fast-paced environment
- Experience operating in an Agile environment
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!