Director, Development Operations - Technology Process & Strategic Initiatives at Vertafore
Vertafore is a leading technology company whose innovative software solution are advancing the insurance industry. Our suite of products provides solutions to our customers that help them better manage their business, boost their productivity and efficiencies, and lower costs while strengthening relationships.
Our mission is to move InsurTech forward by putting people at the heart of the industry. We are leading the way with product innovation, technology partnerships, and focusing on customer success.
Our fast-paced and collaborative environment inspires us to create, think, and challenge each other in ways that make our solutions and our teams better.
We are headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with offices across the U.S., Canada, and India.
We are in search of the world's most creative and experienced engineering leaders. We embrace entrepreneurs as well as those who come from more established organizations. As a key member of the development operations team, you will lead key initiatives with financial analysis, standards and business process design, and financial management, directly impacting the success of the development department as a whole.
You will provide leadership on business-critical strategic initiatives within the product development organization while wielding your influence on cross-functional teams. In addition, you will seek out and build executive level support through presentation of business cases with supporting financial analysis. In addition, you will be directly responsible for the development of standards and business processes within product development. We expect you to be an accomplished leader, have strong hands-on experience, and deep functional knowledge of the operations of a technical organization. Our culture fosters collaboration, innovation, mentorship, and FUN, and you will be adding your creativity and energy into it.
If you are a leader who is energized by being on the frontline of technical innovation and are looking for a creative, fun, and friendly workplace where you will have the opportunity to develop software that will transform the insurance industry, we would love to hear from you.
Core Requirements and Responsibilities:
Essential job functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Ability to quickly distill complex or strategic concepts into clear executive-level presentations and business cases.
· Drive initiatives with the executive leadership team, providing progress updates and steerable insights.
· Support and encourage collaboration across cross-functional teams and initiatives to ensure quick resolution of business impacting issues.
· Financial analytic skills including the ability to partner with finance to build self-funded net neutral proposals.
· Strong financial and numbers skills with a high degree of accuracy to assist with development and refinement of department budgets, planning, and metrics to drive and measure performance.
Standards and Business Process
· Identify gaps and build documented standards for development practices.
· Guide business process design by partnering with different areas of the development organization to build lean yet resilient processes.
· Identify, analyze and resolve a wide range of technical, process, and operational issues, providing quick and decisive solutions.
· Drive continuous operational improvements and quality performance initiatives, including development and tracking of metrics such as quality, productivity, staffing, training, and costs.
· Identify, evaluate, and build relationships with vendors, including management of SOWs, budgets, and deliverables.
· Maintain renewals, development licenses, and purchase orders.
· Hands-on leader who can effectively manage relationships up, down, across the organization and has a demonstrated ability to roll-up their sleeves to get the job done.
· Creatively turns problems and solutions on their heads to come up with better designs, better technical solutions, and better products.
· Makes decisions across the development organization that help maintain long-term productivity and efficiency.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· 5+ years of experience in operations and/or program management with a demonstrated ability to lead complex or highly technical initiatives that require cross-functional cooperation.
· 3+ years as a people manager, with an ability to develop career pathing and identify key competencies required for members of the team.
· Ability to clearly present and articulate thoughts to support an idea, approach, process, or initiative.
· Hungry to learn new concepts, new technologies, and be exposed to/adopt new ideas.
· Strong financial acumen and experience managing department-level budgets.
· Communicates effectively across cross-functional teams, organizations, and internal/external stakeholders to drive cohesive engineering effort.
· Strong presentation skills including an ability to drive the content generation.
· Self-motivated and excellent problem-solver.
· Driven to improve, personally and professionally.
· Mentors and inspires others to raise the bar for everyone around them.
· Collaborates with their peers to design pragmatic solutions.
· Effectively leads and manages change within their area of responsibility and across the business.
· Operates best in a fast-paced, flexible work environment.
· Has a cooperative, collaborative, open, and flexible mindset.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or related technical field) or equivalent practical experience
· Proficient in design, architecture and implementation at an enterprise level
· Prior professional experience as a development or operations manager in an agile environment, including working with enterprise customers on large-scale projects
· Proven track record leading architecture, design, development, and operations of enterprise-scale web delivery platforms, products, and services in a high-performance and high-availability SaaS environment
· Can interact with customers to gather insights and translate technical concepts
· Have knowledge of development operations best practices
· Are in-tune with high-performance and high-availability design/programming
THE VERTAFORE STORY
Over the past 50 years, Vertafore has advanced the entire insurance distribution channel with the best software solutions in the industry. Today, we're proud to say hundreds of thousands of Vertafore users rely on our solutions to write business faster, reduce costs, and fuel growth by increasing collaboration and streamlining processes. Vertafore leads the industry with secure, cloud-based mobile products that provide superior reporting and analytics, delivering actionable insight- right when customers need it most. We partner with other leading technology companies to deliver comprehensive solutions to improve the way our customers do business and serve their customers.
The Vertafore Way
Insurance is about relationships, and technology should make those relationships stronger. That's why, at Vertafore, it's our mission to transform the way the industry operates by putting people at the heart of insurance technology. By focusing on our customers, becoming better every day, and delivering results you can see, we provide the level of trust and security that insurance is all about.
· Bias to Action: We're united by an innate drive to take action and make a difference in the technology and insurance spaces.
· Win Together: We work together as one team, showing empathy and respect along the way.
· Show Up Curious: We work to challenge one another to push boundaries and think beyond the box.
· Say It, Do It: We honor every one of our commitments because integrity is important to us.
· Customer Success is Our Success: We cultivate authentic relationships and follow up by actively listening to their needs.
· We Love Insurance: We appreciate the impact insurance has on the world.
Is this role not an exact fit for you? Keep an eye on our Careers Page for other positions!
Vertafore is a drug free workplace and conducts preemployment drug and background screenings.
The selected candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the job responsibilities, duties, skill, or working conditions. In addition, this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
Vertafore strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
We do not accept resumes from agencies, headhunters, or other suppliers who have not signed a formal agreement with us.