Direct Access Program (DAP) Technical Project Manager
Please review the job details below.
The Direct Access Program (DAP) Technical Project Manager is a member of the Direct Access and Remote Systems (DARS) team which runs the Direct Access Program (DAP). The DAP provides customers with the capability to task the DigitalGlobe satellites directly and receive and process their own image data through a DigitalGlobe-delivered customer ground station or Direct Access Facility (DAF). The DAP Technical PM is responsible for the management of the deployment of new and upgraded DAF solutions to Customers. The DAP Technical PM works closely with customers to identify and solve problems, provide technical direction to contractors and vendors, and support business development activities. An ideal candidate will be one with technical management experience with development contractors, as well as system engineering and experience in satellite ground systems.
- Create and manage the collection of technical and financial data across the DARS team for input into new and renewal proposals and for DAF customers.
- Create and manage the execution of implementation plans for the installation and startup of new DAF systems and upgrade of existing DAF systems, which includes managing the technical and schedule performance of contractors and managing the expectations of the customer.
- Partner closely with internal business and technical teams in the creation and compilation of proposals. This includes DARS, business development, pricing, systems engineering, development, integration and test, mission control, and collection planning organizations for the implementation of new DAFs and on-going support of existing DAFs.
- Follow systems engineering processes, working with customers, vendors, and internal organizations, to define concepts of operations, develop requirements, and oversee development, coordinate tests (factory, site, etc.), and ensure requirements are met for new DAF deliveries or DAF upgrades.
- Provide oversight of technical designs and implementations to ensure adherence to the planned architecture/requirements and expected performance during operations.
- Work with Customer, vendor and internal teams on technical issues that arise during project execution, balancing the needs of delivering the project on budget/schedule with the needs of providing a solution that meets the Customer’s requirements.
- Define and prepare any additional DAP documentation that may be required during a DAF project.
- Ensure that projects adhere to DigitalGlobe and U.S. government policies for export and protection of data and imagery.
- Support communication to internal departments regarding project budget, resources, and cash flow.
- Ability to support DARS O&M contract team with contract reviews and renewals
- Support new business development by providing engineering analyses, cost and schedule estimates, and proposal support.
- Support development and implementation of a DAP roadmap to provide architectural improvements to existing DAF and headquarters infrastructure as well as planning for next-generation systems.
- Experience with communication and coordination with external vendors.
- Basic Qualifications
- Five to ten years of experience in satellite ground system systems engineering or 15 years’ experience in satellite ground system engineering functions.
- Bachelor degree in engineering or science.
- US citizen and has the ability to obtain a US security clearance, if required.
- Five to ten years’ experience with satellite ground system equipment, software and systems, which include collection planning, mission operations, and image production and delivery systems.
- Preferred Qualifications
- Five to ten years’ experience with Windows and Linux OS environments, systems and architectures.
- Provide solution engineering support for the development of technical proposals to customers.
- Ability to manage the scope, schedule, and budget for a project delivery.
- Strong methodical process to identify issues and develop solutions
- Experience implementing satellite ground systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, which include customer communication and technical writing.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong interpersonal skills, understanding of international cultures.
- Ability to travel internationally which may be 10 to 30% of the year.
DigitalGlobe and Radiant solutions offer a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401(K) plan with competitive company match; paid holidays and paid time off.