Development Manager at FIS
About the team:
The Payments Professional Services team at FIS is looking to add an energetic, talented and experienced Development Manager to our growing team. The Payments Professional Services team provides our clients with customized solutions to meet their demanding business needs, including application development, testing, solution design and consulting.
As a leader on the team, you will work alongside other leaders and technology professionals, to support the organization and our clients with overall strategy, planning and execution.
What you will be doing:
• Staff management, including hiring, performance reviews, touchpoints, team training and upskilling.
• Implementing action plans to improve employee engagement, satisfaction, and employee performance.
• Creating and maintaining on-demand processes for KPI metrics and reporting, to ensure the team is providing the highest level of service to internal and external customers.
• Coordinating weekly team meetings and keeping your team apprised of department and company changes, as well as strategic direction.
• Business development, identifying new opportunities and growth areas.
• Project delivery including resource forecasting, target timelines, risk management, release management, escalation management, project prioritization, and adherence to SDLC.
• Forecasting resource needs based on an analysis of backlog, sales pipeline, and revenue targets.
• Maximize both utilization and profitability of assigned team of resources' time.
• Other related duties assigned and as needed.
What you bring:
Bachelor's degree in computer science or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
• Skill in project management, team organization, communications, analytical and people skills.
• Skill in leading, supervising and managing effectively under pressure.
• Skill and ability to interact with clients, executives, and our business partners.
• Ability to operate independently.
• Ability to exhibit solid decision-making and problem-solving skills.
• Empathetic leadership style.
Added bonus if you have:
• Knowledge of FIS products and services.
• Knowledge of Payments and Banking industry.
What we offer you:
• A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
• A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team
• A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities - FIS is your final career step!
• The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
• A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility, and respect
• Varied and challenging work to help you grow your leadership abilities.
FIS JOB LEVEL DESCRIPTION
Career level management role. Works under general direction of middle or senior level management. Manages and mentors a team of Programmer/Analysts. Establishes operational objectives and work plans, and delegates assignments to subordinates. senior management reviews objectives to determine success of operation. Implements strategic policies when selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. In some instances this manager may have subordinate supervisors. Typically requires eight or more years of experience in software development and five or more years management or supervisory experience.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.