Deployment Project Manager
Granicus provides technology and services that empowers government organizations to create seamless digital experiences for the people they serve. By offering the industry’s leading cloud-based solutions for communications, content management, meeting and agenda management, and digital services to over 4,000 public sector organizations, Granicus helps turn government missions into quantifiable realities. Granicus products connect more than 185 million people, creating a powerful network to enhance citizen engagement. By optimizing decision-making processes, Granicus strives to help government see better outcomes and a greater impact for the citizens they serve.
If you have a deep interest in software and its ability to impact global democracy, citizen engagement, and increased government transparency, we are interested in talking to you.
As the leader in government technology, we’ve chosen to create a home in the heart of downtown Denver and we’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join the team.
As a key member of our Professional Services team, the Deployment Project Manager will oversee the completion of new and existing client implementation through the entire lifecycle of the project. From project planning, software configuration, feature delivery, data migration, and finally user acceptance, the focus of the Deployment Project manager will be to complete client projects on time, and with overall quality.
We have a casual, open office environment within walking distance of the Light Rail, and we’re seeking individuals who can work collaboratively to design, build, test, sell, deploy and support our software.
- Lead a project team throughout the project life cycle from requirement analysis through deployment, and transition.
- Assess and work with the sales coordinators to review proposals, and contract delivered to determine proper project plan.
- Deliver on expected monthly forecasted revenue projections.
- Create and build a custom project plan and deliverables for external customer to satisfy quality, time, and budget.
- Provide technical guidance and leadership to customer IT to ensure that priorities and directions are aligned with the project goals.
- Lead technical meetings both internally and externally with customers to review some of the following technical needs:
- Assessment and documentation of prospect networks, routers, firewalls, LAN, VLANs, WANS, DMZ's etc.
- Assist in creating network topology diagrams during the implementation of the project.
- Hardware location and dimensions.
- Audio and Video routing and cabling needs.
- Installation and configuration needs of software and hardware.
- Work with the Finance organization to ensure project timelines align with billing expectations.
- Troubleshoot software, hardware, networking and audio-visual client issues as they arise.
- Attend frequent Project planning and issue resolution calls. Attend weekly status and project meetings as required.
- Report key metrics, and process improvement recommendations to the Director of Professional Services.
Skills & Requirements
- Education: BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience: 3-5 years or Project Management experience. 3-5 years in IT or equivalent
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong foundation in Project Management with a focus on technical implementation.
- Strong foundation with project management software, and tools. PMP certification is a plus.
- Strong understanding of Project Life Cycle methodologies.
- Strong understanding of architecture, design, and implementation of technical solutions.
- Experience with network/systems administration. Network and software certification a plus.
- Excellent problem solving skills, particularly with regard to anticipating and solving problems, issues, risks or concerns before they become critical.
- Self-motivated and able to define, plan, and implement tasks in a team environment.
- Fast learning and adaptable - able to work in fast paced environment.
- Flexibility to travel on rare occasions to client sites.
- SalesForce.com or other CRM experience a plus.
- Excellent client service attitude and team focus.
- Clear sense of integrity with interest in building strong customer relationships.
- Excellent written, and verbal communication skills with both technical and non technical customers.
More than 20,000 government users leverage our cloud-based technology every day to webcast public meetings, manage and deliver legislative information, and collaborate with citizens. We measure our success not in ad clicks, conversation rates, and in-app purchases, but rather through how much we can improve our society and change the world for the better.
Granicus is committed to providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status