Customer Success Program Manager
We are building a Customer Success function because we are so passionate about our customer’s and the success of their businesses and employees. We’ll be launching programs and initiatives to empower our customers to gain the most value through their relationship with Gusto. The goal of the group will be to build systemic programs for customer, health, retention, and growth across the customer experience with Gusto. This position will be focused on driving better outcomes for Gusto’s customers and our business by actively aiding in their success with our products and services.
We are looking for a thoughtful contributor who can derive insights and build programs to help customers thrive and grow with Gusto’s services and software. We need someone with excellent communication skills, as much of the work of this founding team will be focused on partnering with product, customer experience, sales, and marketing to drive outcomes. The ideal candidate will have experience in customer success, upsell/cross-sell, and/or customer lifecycle programming. We’re also looking for individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit, who can roll up their sleeves, run experiments to determine what creates the most success for our customers, and a background in program or project management to help us scale these programs.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Work with Data, Insights and Operations, Customer Experience, Marketing, and Sales teams to develop and maintain customer health score and achieve upsell/cross-sell targets
- Own program creation and rollout from initial hypothesis to business case to program implementation and measurement
- Partner with Insights and Operations, Product Marketing, and Product to map the customer journey and understand key touchpoints for value expansion of our customer base
- Use your communication and partnership skills to manage stakeholders through authentic influence in order to drive Customer Success goals
- Build data-informed business cases for how to best drive customer health and growth at scale
- Collect and organize insights from the customer journey to identify key inflection points for customer health and growth and develop a point of view for how to act on findings
- Help build excitement around up-leveling Gusto’s growth, health, and customer success super powers
Here’s what we're looking for:
- 7-10 years of relevant experience
- Passionate about small businesses and fired up to help them achieve more success through partnership with Gusto
- Able to execute: develop, launch, and iterate on Customer Success programming in a resource-constrained environment
- Impeccable communications skills; able to tell stories with data insights and generate buy-in cross-functionally
- Analytical and quantitative-heavy background
- Self-starter who performs best with little structure and big business objectives
- Builder mindset; excitement to roll up your sleeves and drive change within an organization
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. By making complicated, impersonal business tasks simple and personal, Gusto is reimagining HR, payroll, and benefits for over 60,000 companies nationwide. Gusto has offices in San Francisco and Denver and the company’s investors include Google Capital, General Catalyst, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, as well as the founders of Instagram, Stripe, Nest, PayPal, Yelp, Dropbox, and Eventbrite, among others.