Customer Marketing Manager – Advocacy REMOTE at Conga
Our new company was created on May 7, 2020 with the merger of Conga and Apttus. The combining of these two companies creates a leader in mission-critical business process solutions, allowing both small and large companies to modernize their business processes.
Together, the new Conga is poised to provide the most complete offering in the market to digitally transform the foundational elements of business -- documents like quotes, contracts, and the processes that surround them -- to achieve commercial excellence.
For more information on the new Conga, please visit our newsroom at:
Our shared values: The Conga Way
A successful candidate will embody the essence of a Conganeer through demonstration of critical behaviors of The Conga Way:
- Embracing an Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Achieving Together
- Championing the Customers
The Conga Way is a core element of the Culture and Talent focus at Conga. This philosophy shapes the personality of our organization, defines how we show up every day, and provides clarity about how we work together.
As our Customer Marketing Manager - Advocacy, your focus is to highlight the success of customers across industries, product portfolio and size. You will have a tight pulse on our happiest of customers and have creative ideas for recruiting and inspiring engagement of our customer advocate base. Core to this role is management of reference program to accelerate the sales cycle and drive the public voice of the customer in Marketing, PR and analyst activities. This role also encompassing the creation and evangelism of customer success through written case studies, videos and speaking opportunities. You will work closely with the Customer Success, Sales and Marketing teams globally, identifying references, building strong relationships with these customers at all levels including executive, driving conversations that identify key business value oriented information and results for reference materials. You will empower management and sales to use customer feedback and data to create and optimize customer programs, identify problems, and implement strategies to accelerate growth of retention and advocates for both public and within community voice.
Success in this role requires developing an understanding of product positioning, sales process, customer perceptions and considerations, as well as the competitive landscape, and effectively leveraging this knowledge to inform and manage reference requirements, priorities, messages and content development. Role is part of Marketing team. Location can be remote.
- Manage customer reference program to identify, recruit, and match customer advocates for both public and confidential requests such sales team reference requests, analyst interviews, marketing customer engagement requests in webinars, podcasts, blogs, Press interviews and other public voice opportunities.
- Develop a comprehensive database of reference customers that can be used externally to support the sales cycle, marketing activities, PR, analyst relations, and strategic partnerships
- Build and execute campaigns to drive retention, education, and advocacy, within our existing customer base.
- Work cross-functionally to: recruit, activate and develop core advocates
- Conduct interviews with strategic reference customers at executive level to obtain crucial content for reference materials
- Support Conga’s Executive Advisory Board program strategy and execution to engage and develop strategic advocate relationships with Conga executives.
- Build a strong portfolio of customer success stories and content that fulfils the requirements of all stakeholders to be used by marketing to create customer assets including written case studies, sales materials, customer videos, etc.
- Manage Conga customer speaker bureau to support engagement in events including Dreamforce and Conga industry and customer events.
- Work with leading customer reference and advocacy software applications to drive efficiencies in customer reference program management
- Provide regular reports on the effectiveness and status of the program
- Other duties as assigned by the Head of Customer Marketing
Experience, Skills and Competencies:
- Experience in establishing strong working relationships both internally and externally, quickly establishing trust and credibility, particularly with senior executives in large strategic customer accounts
- SaaS B2B marketing with a strong emphasis on customer programs preferred
- Embodies Conga core values of passion with a purpose, adapt to win, the desire for knowledge, and five-star value
- Strong project management skills and ability to use data to guide decision-making and resource allocation
- Hard-working, self-starter with a willingness and eagerness to learn
- Actively participates and collaborates with others across teams to achieve business goals
- Desire to learn more about customer lifecycle marketing, advocacy marketing, demand generation, customer marketing, and/or campaign development
- Organized, ambitious, and high-energy that can embrace and navigate a fast-paced, ever-shifting environment
- Ownership mentality and proven ability to meet deadlines, work collaboratively with others, and ensure high quality deliverables
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to respond rapidly to sales cycle deadlines when required
- Experienced in writing and developing enterprise software customer case studies preferred
- Problem solver who is proactive, analytical, and innovative - never satisfied with the status quo.
- Experience with customer and marketing tools including: RO Innovation, Salesforce, Gainsight, Sendoso, or compatible tools.
- Familiarity with marketing tools like Salesloft, Marketo, Salesloft, Wrike, Influitive are highly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required
#LI-HLH #LI-RemoteThe pay range for this position in Colorado is minimum $83,075.00 per year. However the base salary offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills and experience. A full range of benefits including medical, dental, life insurance and financial will be offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Conga's internal or external careers site.
Conga is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, parental or pregnancy status, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations will be made to meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Conga is not open to third party solicitation or resumes for our posted FTE positions. Resumes received from third party agencies that are unsolicited will be considered complimentary.