Customer Delivery Executive
The Customer Delivery Executive (CDE) manages the execution of CSG customer programs and supports account growth through operational and delivery excellence. The CDE is a key partner to the overall growth strategy of CSG’s customer accounts by ensuring a high-quality delivery of programs and solutions, identifying new opportunities, and providing solutioning and work estimates. This role is accountable for management and governance of delivery programs for designated accounts to deliver an exceptional customer experience while ensuring strong financial performance. The CDE must establish a trusted and strategic advisory relationship with both the CSG client and other CSG Go-to-Market (GTM) functions to position the company for future business growth opportunities.
Essential Job Functions
Operational & Delivery Excellence: Provide for an exceptional customer experience by reimagine key business processes with a relentless focus on operational and delivery excellence, improving our agility, reliability, and efficiency.
- Plan and manage day-to-day execution of customer projects that meet or exceed quality, profitability, stability, timeline, and customer experience metrics.
- Provide work estimates and ensure all programs and solutions are delivered leveraging best practices and the CSG standards of program methodology and relevant client processes. Make recommendations as necessary to modify the overall project plan, and reset priorities to achieve those goals.
- In collaboration with the Customer Business Executive (CBE), create the overall strategy and service delivery expectations that provide for an exceptional customer experience based upon measurement and management of Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Operating Level Agreements (OLAs).
- With customer profitability and continuous service improvements as a focus, evolve and optimize the client business unit service and delivery model and ensure proper staffing levels and skills are in place to execute on the strategy. Partner with Resource Management and the CBE in resource forecast and planning, based on updated demand planning.
- Approve all project/program proposals including scope, timeline, risk, requirements & change control.
- Responsible for internal P&L of each project.
- Proactively monitor overall progress at regular intervals to key stakeholders, resolving issues and initiating corrective action, as appropriate, and in accordance with the governance arrangements. Proactively escalate to the appropriate stakeholders, as necessary.
Build the Business: In partnership with the CBE, strategize to increase overall revenue and sales bookings.
- Assist the CBE to package our assets to provide competitive solutions to our customers’ complex business problems, driving more productive conversations that open doors and enable success in new markets.
- Penetrate the account in such a way that positions us well to understand their business model, business challenges, and overall customer buying process. Shape customer demand for our solutions that solve their urgent business challenges. Collaborate with Marketing, Product Development, Engineering and CBU to ensure consistent messaging to customers, and help them gather the voice of the customer information to continue to evolve our product and solution offerings.
- Represent the “voice of the customer” and provide feedback to the CBE, product development and operations organization for improvements, market trends, customer architecture roadmaps and product issues.
- Participate in formal Account Reviews (usually on a quarterly basis) to ensure a strategic and collaborative approach to growing their assigned accounts.
- Share best practices, build common methodology for different services lines and collaborate with internal teams to provide strategic guidance to customers on product functionality, technology, process guidance, and implementation to generate and optimize revenue, strengthen customer relationships and exploit emerging opportunities within the industry.
- Responsible for effective demonstration of managerial practices to include: the identification and recruitment of key strategic talent, providing day-to-day leadership to the business teams, distribution and explanation of account plans, the establishment of clear roles, responsibilities, regions, and/or accounts for team members, as well as the overall coaching and performance management of a high performing team.
- Incumbent is accountable for professional working behavior to include; building and maintaining constructive working relationships, implementing proactive and concise communication, acting as a resource to colleagues, and engaging in collaborative thinking and problem solving while demonstrating CSG’s core competencies and values.
- Must be able to travel internationally and/or domestically (dependent upon location of the role) up to exceeding 50% of the time
- On-site location with customer may be required on certain accounts. This position requires someone to be located in the Denver, Colorado area.
- Requires Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience of service delivery in a multi-product global services delivery environment, preferably within the telecommunications (OSS/BSS) sector.
- Minimum of 10 years’ leadership experience with demonstrated success building and leading support and delivery teams.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Dynamic, entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to challenge the status quo and drive innovation.
- Client focused, results driven, demonstrates a proven background of client relationship building and highly developed leadership skills.
- Embraces partnerships successfully in a complex service delivery environment.
- Systematically solves problems and hypothesizes possible customer pain points, expectations, and implicit needs; brainstorms with team members to devise solutions to solve complex deal challenges.
- Change manager and adept at building high performance partnerships while driving transformational breakthroughs within target accounts.
- Advanced fiscal management experience.
- Experienced in working with systems integrators and multiple vendors essential.
- Tailors communication to the customer’s needs; effectively delivers presentations and has strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Adept at influencing others, both externally and internally; ability to work effectively and build consensus across various functional groups to achieve goals.
- Great arbitration and organizational skills.
- Ability to motivate teams and drive to project completion.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to client as well as business needs.