Contractor - Sr. Software Project Manager at GHX
The Sr. Project Manager Contractor oversees the planning and execution of global strategic initiatives, programs, and projects for GHX. Critical to the role is effectively managing relationships and to exceed stakeholder expectations. Must possess the ability to coordinate multiple project work streams to achieve customer deliverables. Serves as mediator to internal issues and conflicting priorities for members of cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of initiatives.
The Sr. Project Manager Contractor is accountable for the success of all projects within their scope. Working with key stakeholders, they contribute to the execution of all component projects to deliver intended business outcomes, ideally on time, on budget and within scope according to set business priorities. Throughout the lifecycle of these projects, the Project Manager is responsible for tracking and reporting on progress towards key business goals, including the management of change, mitigation of risk and resolution of issues.
The successful candidate will have the curiosity, acumen, initiative and thoroughness to support multiple projects, the professionalism to effectively collaborate with, and influence, multiple stakeholders as well as the creativity and tenacity to drive activities to completion. They will be expected to uncover and document interdependencies across all teams and bring together independent execution plans in a single, sequenced view. They are detail-oriented forward thinkers who are familiar with all stages of project management and are adept at working with teams of diverse professionals, such as managers, and business owners. Strong presentation development skills, business communication and creative skills are also crucial for this Sr. Project Manager.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure project results have an articulated scope with quantifiable business benefit.
- Connect project messaging and reporting to strategic business initiatives and OKRs.
- Represent the project at project governance and inter-department forums.
- Align projects to project methodology compliance standards set by the PMO.
- Develop communication plans and interfaces to actively engage business partners.
- Partner with business sponsors to define success metrics and criteria.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert in briefing stakeholders on assigned initiatives.
- Provide accurate forecasts of performance to relevant business stakeholders.
- Communicate project progress to key constituents.
- Assess and resolve all high priority project risks as they are encountered.
- Define and create project plans for projects, portfolio, and product prioritization and implementation.
- Manage all aspects of the project life cycle, and work with team members to oversee all phases of project completion.
- Facilitate all project meetings, and operational checkpoint activities throughout the project lifecycle.
- Manage scope to ensure agreed time, cost, and quality parameters are met.
- Provide effective servant leadership of Agile Scrum teams and processes.
- Communicate project status to program team and stakeholders effectively.
- Collaborate with all necessary project cross functional teams for effective project management of the project plan, the GA checklist and Go To Market Launch plan
- Solid working knowledge of project management and agile principles.
- Strong familiarity with business communication and presentation development
- Knowledge and expertise in the use of agile project management and SDLC methodologies
- Knowledge in the area of Product Lifecycle Management
- Strong strategic thinker with the ability to see beyond the smaller details and focus on the business outcomes.
- Ability and drive to learn and understand the complex technical concepts, value proposition and scope of the project.
- High level of innate curiosity about business programs and high desire to learn/develop themselves
- Strong collaborative, teamwork, and interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with all levels of constituents.
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
- Strong team leadership skills
- Ability to influence, motivate, and mobilize teams and business partners.
- Comfort with ambiguity, frequent change, and unpredictability.
- Excellent task management, organization, and team collaboration skills
- Ability to anticipate risks and devise solutions in the moment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill
- Strong presentation skills
- Sound business and technology acumen.
- Proficient with Agile and standard Project Management tools
- Ability to do presentation development in Microsoft PowerPoint and Word etc.
- Experience in end to end Big Data, or Cloud ERP system development is a plus
- 5 years’ proven Software Project Management experience.
- 2 years’ Experience with Agile Development Product Development lifecycle methods .
- Occasional travel in North America and to Europe may be required.
- Ability to shift working hours as directed by Manager (7:00 AM MT start).
Global Healthcare Exchange, LLC and its North American subsidiaries (collectively, “GHX”) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any status protected by applicable law. This EEO policy applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, educational assistance, termination, layoffs, social and recreational programs, and retirement.