Continuous Improvement Manager at Pie Insurance
| Greater Denver Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:10 a.m. (MST) on Friday, October 30, 2020
We are an insurtech company where smart people can see the impact of their work as we tackle meaningful problems together. We think it’s fun to disrupt an industry that has been slow to change. But we aren’t shaking things up for the sake of change, we’re here to solve big problems using technology and an innovative approach to improve how small business owners access insurance. Like our small business clients, we are a diverse team of builders, dreamers, and entrepreneurs, so at the heart of every decision we make is the idea that if it doesn’t serve our clients, it doesn’t serve us. We hire passionate people who like to work hard, yet we also know that life exists outside the office. Small businesses are the backbone of the economy; talented team members are the backbone of Pie. We are pie-oneering a whole new approach to insurance.
How You’ll Do It
As a Continuous Improvement Manager, you’ll be a key Pie-oneer focused on the delivery of process innovation and continuous improvement initiatives for our growing operations and business in our Denver or DC office. You will use your exceptional analytical skills and passion for continuous improvement and customer experience to help drive optimization of our current processes, and those to come! You’ll be instrumental in leading and driving process improvement throughout our existing business processes. Your role will be vital in fostering a culture of sustainable change through the creation and embedding of LEAN methodology and the supporting framework to deliver business transformation. Because our goal is to be best-in-class in customer experience, your attention to detail, ability to drive results, ability to optimize and innovate processes, and provide clear direction and feedback on how we accomplish this will be vital.
Some additional responsibilities may include:
- Identify, verify, analyze, and implement process improvement and process re-engineering opportunities for critical cross functional processes such as billing, renewals, cancellations, and policy changes and endorsements.
- Support the training of team members and the development of training guides for the improved processes and work.
- Drive the delivery of better value and greater efficiency through the identification and elimination of unnecessary complexity within business processes and identification of improved processes and simplified workflows.
- Lead in the development of new process capabilities.
- Create and measure project KPI metrics scorecard focused on the overall continuous improvement initiative and objectives.
- Complete post-implementation reviews to ensure successful delivery has been achieved and outline key learnings and opportunities for future projects.
The Right Stuff
- College Degree required, and Lean Six Sigma belt (green - black) preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of proven continuous improvement analytical experience from a similar role, including project management and business analysis, and/or management consulting.
- Financial services, insurance, insurtech, and/or startup experience preferred
- High proficiency in analytic and technical skills and experience, including SQL or other data query skills or rated 8-10 level Excel user. Salesforce and Looker reporting and data query experience desired.
- Excellent understanding of continuous improvement concepts including Six Sigma, Lean, value stream mapping, customer journey mapping, and change management.
- Demonstrated experience in project planning and problem resolution through process optimization using your critical and analytical competencies and by using data to drive your decisions and designs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of partners, colleagues, executive leadership, and subject matter experts.
- Create personal and project ownership and accountability by providing clear, timely, and accurate work objectives, project timelines, and measurement goals.
- Organizational savvy is your mantra. You know how to prioritize and get things done. You can make order out of chaos.
- You wanted to be a P.I. (private investigator) at some point in your life because you really like digging into root causes and analyzing all possible viewpoints and perspectives to come to a conclusion or solution.
- Handles stress well; every day is different and how you respond matters.
- Work can be hard. You maintain professionalism at all times, in all places.
- Your voice matters. Advocate for our customers and team for the best results.
- Competitive salary
- A piece of the Pie (in the form of stock grants)
- Comprehensive health plans
- Generous PTO
- Paid sick leave
- Future focused 401k match
- Modern office space with an onsite gym
- Our core values are more than just a poster on the wall; they’re tangibly reflected in our work and recognized with our monthly culture award.
- Generous parental leave
Pie Insurance Named a Top Colorado Company 2020
Pie is rated Excellent by our customers on Trustpilot
Check out our great reviews from current and former employees on Glassdoor
Pie raises an additional $127M in funding