Consultant for FIS Algine at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? AtFISyou'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
The global energy and commodities markets change rapidly, and prices move by the millisecond. To compete on a global scale, while remaining compliant with each region's regulation, requires technology that brings clarity to new trade and arbitrage opportunities.
OnlyFISoffers a comprehensive energy and commodity trading and risk management (ETRM) system and energy trading software for credit risk management, market data, accounting and treasury that can help you succeed in this complex market.
In the midst of a constantly changing market, Aligne can help you compete more effectively. A front-to-back trading system, Aligne streamlines and integrates the trading, risk management and operations of physical commodities and their associated financial instruments. The solution supports trading for energy commodities, weather, emissions, heat, freight, metals, FX and derivatives as well as handling scheduling and managing nominations.
What you will be doing:
Plan, manage and communicate the progress of a project workstream, achieving
project milestones and maintaining momentum of the project work stream.
• Working closely with customers to understand business needs and design
appropriate solutions using our Aligne implementation and upgrade projects
• Being accountable for both specific defined work assignments as well as managing
specific defined work assignments of others in a project work stream.
• Works closely with the project management team and customer to create the
assigned deliverables, including modelling, configuration, report development, data
conversion, integration, testing and training deliverables.
• Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops,
site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis,
and task and workflow analysis.
• Provide demonstrations of our software solutions to customers and explain how the
different features can be setup on their implementation
• Assist with testing the configured software systems to ensure that implementation will
meet customer expectations
• Work with the project manager to manage the customer relationship and ensure
• Supports the project manager of project work streams to lead, guide, and assist other
team members ensure quality and timeliness of delivery, and assist in use and
enhancement of team methodologies.
• Assisting in the design and development of high-quality project deliverables and other
What you bring:
Bachelor of Science degree preferably in Management Information Systems, Accounting or Business or other related discipline or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
ExperiencedETRMconsultant with at least 3-5 years ofETRMexperience in systems applications consulting, either internally via an IT organization or externally with a consulting firm or software provider.
• Experienced in one or moreETRMmarkets (e.g., Gas, Power, Oil, Coal) or segments (Upstream, Midstream, Downstream).
• Experienced in project work and has managed a stream of work on a project (e.g., FO/MO/BO/Ops).
• Functional SME in one area of Aligne.
• Functional subject matter expert in at least one module of Aligne (e.g., TRM,
GasOps, PipeOps, PowerOps, GBO) or functional area (e.g., Front Office, Mid Office, Back Office).
• An excellent understanding of common industry standard business practices as related to trading, contract administration, scheduling, operations, risk management and/or accounting/settlements.
• Demonstrated experience in translating customer business requirements into
workable software solutions.
• Ability to travel up to 60% annually
Added bonus if you have:
• Previous experience with any of the followingETRMsoftware: OpenLink, Triple Point, Allegro, or Quorum.
What we offer you
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities -FISis your final career step!
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.