Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!About the role:
The Compliance Testing function acts as a key line of defense and helps ensure the effectiveness of Robinhood's AML Program, as well as ongoing compliance of the Sanctions and Fraud programs, including adherence to associated policies and fulfillment of applicable regulatory requirements. This role is responsible for managing the second-line Compliance Testing Function at Robinhood. The Program Manager will be responsible for maintaining the testing calendar, engaging first- and second-line business units to coordinate testing, and supervising all aspects of compliance testing.
This position will report to the Compliance QA & Testing Manager. This role can be based out of Southlake, Texas, Denver, Colorado, or Lake Mary, Florida offices.Your day-to-day will involve:
- Further develop and implement the second-line compliance testing program at Robinhood by working closely with cross-functional leaders
- Plan and direct execution of the firm's second line of defense control testing program of the Financial Crimes (AML, Sanctions, and Fraud) and other brokerage compliance processes
- Design and assign transactional testing and field work to validate the efficacy of internal controls
- Identify compliance risks inherent in a business process or control and assess whether the control framework is effectively managing known risks
- Synthesize and structure compliance testing data to create meaningful insights and management reporting, through the use of data analytics and visualization tools
- Draft reports encompassing the review results that clearly articulate the issues noted and remedial actions to be taken
- Organize and prepare management information relating to testing reviews completed, issues identified, outstanding corrective action plans, and progress against plan(s)
- Supervise and develop a team of testing associates and analysts
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field
- 3+ years working at a broker-dealer or other financial institution in regulatory compliance, compliance testing, audit or controls testing
- 1+ years working in a people management, team lead, project lead or mentorship capacity
- Familiarity with regulations relevant to broker-dealers including: Bank Secrecy Act, PATRIOT ACT, sanctions regulations, KYC requirements, or fraud requirements, as well as an understanding of applicable broker-dealer regulations (Securities Exchange Act of 1934, Regulation T, etc.) and brokerage products
- Keen attention to detail, organization, and process improvements, including gap identification and root-cause analysis capabilities
- Motivation to be a self-starter with ability to work independently
- Passed the SIE or hold FINRA Series license(s)
- Advanced degree
- Financial Crimes compliance experience
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.