We believe in the everyday hero. Those who have the courage to follow their passion and who have the strength and determination to realise their dreams.
Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we're creating powerful, easy-to-use financial solutions to help them run their businesses. With a founder’s mentality and a 'team-first’ attitude, our diverse teams across Europe, South America and the United States work together to ensure that small business owners can be successful doing what they love.
What you will do:
- Be responsible for the design, implementation, and maintenance of the compliance program;
- Advise various stakeholders on compliance services, features, and requirements, and work with development and product teams to build out compliance processes (both automatic and manual).Communication of significant issues to management; make recommendations when weaknesses are identified;
- Be responsible for the overall management of the daily administration, operation and monitoring of SumUp USAs BSA/AML, OFAC and KYC compliance programs across SumUps products;
- Ensure implementation of BSA/AML policies, procedures, and technologies (inclusive of CDD/EDD/CIP/SAR);
- Review, recommend and develop general and business-specific BSA/AML, OFAC and KYC related training programs for SumUP USA employees;
- Stay up-to-date with new and/or changes to laws and regulations applicable to SumUps activities;
- Conduct investigations and file SARS when necessary;
- Prepare and respond to regulatory or compliance related enquiries and manage examinations;
- Act as the Anti-Money Laundering Policy Officer for SumUP USA;
- Lead the compliance workstream in preparing SumUp USA for a future Federal and State MSB/MTL license application process;
- Be a part of the SumUp Global Compliance Core team.
You will be great for this position if:
- You have 5 plus years of compliance experience, preferably with a payments or fin-tech company or MSB / MTL;
- You have experience in and understanding of payments, gateway, e-money or wallet products and services, banking functions, MSBs, and/or merchant processing; broad experience understanding systems, including how to oversee systems that are outsourced to affiliates or third parties;
- You have a Bachelor's degree and you are a Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) and/or Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM);
- You're a TRUE LEADER - You can engage and drive a team to success;
- You have awesome stakeholder management abilities - you'll be leading with loads of people, engaging them for the project;
- You have a structured approach to ambiguity - dealing with uncertainties is exciting for you and you can easily structure the unstructured;
- You have strong analytical skills.
Why you should join SumUp
You’ll be part of a close, welcoming international community. We get together regularly for breakfasts, cocktail nights, and team events;
- We offer relocation support for a smooth transition to living and working in the city;
- Paid vacation, sick days, and holidays;
- Company paid life insurance;
- Powder Day! - An additional day off per year that is used to spend time in the mountains (hiking, skiing, snowboarding, etc.);
- 50% employer paid medical, dental, and vision insurance;
- 401k retirement plan with up to 6% employer matching.
We believe in the everyday hero.
Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we create powerful, easy-to-use financial solutions to help them run their businesses. With a founder’s mentality and a 'team-first’ attitude, our diverse teams across Europe, South America and the United States work together to ensure that the small business owners we partner with can be successful doing what they love.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, colour, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
SumUp will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate.